Import Alert! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 11-06-05 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Import Alert!

I'm about to buy a 2ltr GTV TS Lusso, hpi check revealed that it's an import. If so, should I avoid? Are imports from some countries ok?
Sponsored Links
Global Mod Team

Member car:

Alfa 156 GTA SW

Re: Import Alert!

From what I've seen in the past, there is generally no difference whatsoever. The problem occurs when you come to sell it. Imports are worth less - 'because they are'. There's no reason for it, but it's still true.
Therefore, you should probably be making sure that you're paying less for it too.
AO Member

bazza is spot on. generally you pay less and sell it for less too so it cancels it out really. just make sure it is the spec you wanted, and it comes with warranty depends how new it is. most import will have 2 years warranty.
AO Silver Member
County: Surrey

Mine was sourced in the EU to UK spec, nothing to indicate where it was from on the 'log book' and I have all the manuals etc. in English. Advantage was price and being able to get 17" wheels as an option (not available at that time in UK). Let's face it they're from Italy so they are ALL imports!! Unless you are in Italy.
AO Member
County: Bristol

My GTV is an import.

Was brought in and registered one day, then sold to customer the next day, it's a 52 plate and was registered on first day of 52 regs. It is a parallel import 2.0 Lusso so exactly the same as the UK spec.

I bought it used at 18 months old, so it had the remainder of the 2 year warranty on it and the dealer added another years full alfa warranty - which is a brilliant warranty as it's had about 2k worth of work done!

It cost me 3k less than an equivalent 'official' uk well worth it!

A friend in the trade reckons when it is 4-5 years old doesn't matter whether an import or not...people not genrally bothered...also it does not affect insurance as it is UK spec.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

alert , import