Thanks for cheers, congrats and welcoming shout outs.
Will try to answer the questions and remarks that have been made:
1. The cambelt was changed prior to me buying the car this spring 2012 (just 7 months ago), got it all documented and all receipts. Prior to that it had never had the cambelt changed, not on age or miles (for obvious reasons).
2. During the years it has been driven only a few times a year for the engines sake, to move oils around etc + yearly inspection. According to my alfa romeo mechanic - he is a guru with the Busso 6 - it's as good as new mechanically/engine wise. Got the libretto, all papers and receipts but very little has been done to the car in terms of servicing.
3. No rust at all, have had it inspected. Intend only to drive it during the warm half of the year, march/april -> october/nov or so. Here is a link to a photo of the 'hull' which I took recently.
4. The last part of the exhaust is indeed not original, but it is only the very last bit of the exhaust system that is swapped to a 3rd party product, the brand is "pilot". My mechanic says the rest is all original OEM Alfa Romeo, so someone did it mainly for the looks, doesn't change the sound at all basically. According to him at least.
5. Prefer not to talk numbers but I did pay somewhat of a premium for it - however, every time I look at it, every time I drive it - it sure feels like a damn bargain ...
Will happily answer more questions. Once more great to be part of the community hope to contribute in time.