Could be a short ownership this time :( - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 30-09-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Midlothian

Member car:

2011 159 ti TBi

Could be a short ownership this time :(

Well the missus's hours look to be changing and a big drop in income so the belt needs tightened meaning the Alfa and rented garage may have to go
I dred to think how much I will loose as I bought her from a dealer (the alfa ).
What kind of price do you guys think I would get for a clean 97 Phase 1 spider in black. 111k miles with belts done in may this year? Its not got FSH but plenty receipts etc. 2.0 with black leather and electric hood. It has aftermarket 17" wheels or 16" fully refubed teledials (or both), a clifford alarm that opens boot from fob etc and stainless exhaust. The centre consol and elec window surrounds are painted silver and it has an aftermarket gearknob. Car is pretty straight and only thing letting her paint down is a stonechiped bonnet. New Pininfarina badges just fitted to replace broken old ones. New door seals also added along with a brand new battery. Its MOT'd until next march I think or later but tax is out at the end of Oct.
I'm keen to hear what you guys think and if anyone is interested feel free to PM me. I'll try and get pics up in next couple of days. I'm hoping that I can either get reasonable money for her or failing that to show wife i'm as well keep her cause she's worthless
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
I think the after-market bits will put people off I'm afraid - depending on condition I'd imagine 600 to 1200
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader
County: West Sussex
2k....................but it could take time.

AO Gold Member
Originally Posted by CGTVs View Post
2k....................but it could take time.

Heck of a long time I reckon, at this time of year.....unfortunately I tend to think half that is more of my customers has just bought a phase 2 spider in Zoe yellow that had a rebuilt engine (after a seizure, so fully rebuilt), and working electric hood for 1200.
AO Member
County: Bedfordshire
I'm with rgwm. Mileage will put some folk off and no mention of recent belts (which is usually plus 450). So, having been watching a lot of stuff lately, my punt is for around 1 k +- 150 ..

If you have to sell then pick out all the good bits (clean spring pans, powerflex (if applicable)
recent belt change, good hood etc,..) folks in the know will recognise this as added value and pay a few hundred more.

PS I would chuck in the rented garage and build a cover in the garden or my folks garden or wherever I could find 10 sq yards and keep the b*gger.
Global Mod Team
County: Suffolk
Condition, I have said this before is all - there are people out there who value phase 1's over the later models. If you find such a person then you may get 2k for an immaculate example.

If your car is average then maybe 500- 1k would be realistic.
(Post Link) post #7 of 7 Old 01-10-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Midlothian

Member car:

2011 159 ti TBi

It had belts done as mentioned in may so thats a good thing surely? She's a clean wee thing with a good roof that doesn't leak water unless you stupidly use a pressure washer too near the window/roof seal LOL.
I really hope to keep her but I have no room at my house due to 2 cars and a caravan and only other place is my work who I doubt would allow her to be sat with a cover on!
I was hoping if she goes up she makes 1300 or so. The wheels are spotless and I know are not original on the car but they are genuine alfa wheels! The only aftermarket bit really is the gearknob which could be changed I suppose but if that puts you off a car then you have issues!! Kidding
The exhaust is not a big chavvy thing just a stainless one with a deeper note than usual meaning it won't need done in future!
Anyway thanks for input guys, we look to have until Jan before her pay changes so time to make decisions

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

ownership , short , time