Remote Locking Problem - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 28-09-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Cork

Member car:

'99 gtv 3.0 v6

Hmmm Remote Locking Problem

Hi guys,

I know there is a lot of info on the forum about this problem already but I can find anything exactly quite like the issue for my P2 gtv. It seems to be minor enough anyway, the remote central locking stopped working on the key I was using, changed the battery and no difference. I don't have the alfa code I need so I can't reset the system (my friend works for the Alfa garage in Limerick and he said Alfa can't provide the code car for my car) and I checked all the fuses which were all ok.

The key code light stayed on a couple of times when trying to start the car also but it seems ok 9 out of 10 times. Once I take out the key and put it back it, the transponder then gives signal to the aerial and the car starts fine.

I decided to change the battery in the second key and now I'm able to use the remote locking on that key, although the red light on the key stays on for about a minute after I lock or unlock the car. During that time the button on the key is unresponsive. As I said its a minor issue as the remote locking works with the second key but has anyone heard of problems like this with the keys, is it possible they are on the way out? Any info on this is appreciated

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

locking , problem , remote