Spinning like a cat
Join Date: Sep 2011
From the workshop manual:
Emergency starting procedure (using the accelerator pedal)
This procedure should be carried out using the
accelerator pedal and carefully watching the indi-
cations of the injection control unit warning light.
- Turn the key to MARCIA
- Press the accelerator pedal and keep it pressed until the warning light goes out.
- When the warning light goes out release the accelerator pedal.
EXAMPLE: ELECTRONIC CODE = "42173"
- At this point the warning light begins to flash; after the number of flashes corresponding to the first
number of the code on the Code Card (ELECTRONIC CODE) depress the accelerator pedal completely.
- The warning light turns on and stays on for 4 seconds then it goes out.
- When the warning light goes out, release the accelerator pedal
- The warning light starts to flash again; after the number of flashes corresponding to the second
number of the ELECTRONIC CODE, press the accelerator fully home again.
- Proceed in the same way for the other numbers of the ELECTRONIC CODE.
- Also after the last number, keep the accelerator pressed until the warning light goes out (appr. 4
- Release the accelerator pedal.
If the warning light flashes quickly, it means that
the operation has been carried out correctly, thus
the car can be started: if the warning light stays
on, the code has not been entered correctly, move
the key to STOP and back to MARCIA again, and
repeat the procedure.
Last edited by redtop_68; 26-09-12 at 06:06.