GTV 2.0 TS Phase 2 Lusso Spares or repair? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 08-09-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Buckinghamshire
GTV 2.0 TS Phase 2 Lusso Spares or repair?

My W reg GTV has today started making some strange noises, has a diesel clatter on start up and then stutters below 2000rpm, will clear if revved, has been fine til now, the car is excellent cosmetic condition except for the drivers seat which is worn, car has done 82,000 miles has service history, tax and mot til the end of the year, it's in saragassi green with tan leather interior, badges front and back are good, very clean all round, no sign of any accident damage or subsequent paint work, I have another gtv so have parked this one and i think I will sell it as is instead of spending money on it although I think it is too good to break so would prefer someone who is more mechanically adept than me to fix it and improve it, I am thinking it's worth around £600, tell me if you think not, if it does sell as is it will have phase1 alloys on it, two good front tyres, legal rear - thoughts welcome (also has all the original keys including the brown master)
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Staffordshire
has a diesel clatter on start up

variator, wont damage the car running it with noisey variator but normally a sign the cambelt is due?

then stutters below 2000rpm

could be something as simple as a split hose or just need to clean throttle boddy.

you might get £600 for it but not a good time to be selling, i saw a "spare and repairs" spider go through on ebay and sold for £351, but you could alway put a reserve on it, good luck with your sale Jon
AO Platinum Member

I agree.. it does sound like it just needs a variatore... plus then a belts change and water pump at the same time (since it's rude not to).

Why the Ph1 alloys? What happened to the regular Ph2 wheels?

Ralf S.
(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 23-09-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Buckinghamshire
Stutter turned out to be a dirty air filter, the housing scres completely rusted and had to be drilled off, why they use screw heads instead of bolts is a bit of mystery I guess it's to do with tightening torque, however changing the air filter meant breaking the housing and finding a replacement, however with a new filter a good cleaning of the maf and air hoses means all is smooth again have booked the in for a cam belt and variator so hopefully all we be we'll in the very near future, I guess the rusty screws is why the air filter had not be changed for a long time.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

gtv , lusso , phase , repair , spares