throttle issues on 3.0 V6 cup - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 29-08-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Nottinghamshire
Hmmm throttle issues on 3.0 V6 cup

i'm hoping someone can help me on this.
I have noticed recently that my throttle response has been varying. for example, when i go over a bump the revs pick up how i think a 3.0 v6 should and when i change gear it goes back to the lame boring same as before.
I took the intake pipe off at the throttle body not so long ago and turned the ignition on. Then, i got my son to press the accelerator pedal and i noticed the butterfly didn't open a full 90 degrees as i thought it would have done.
I have read some posts on hear about cleaning the connectors on the throttle pot, but i was wondering which areas i need to look. EG, passenger compartment footwell, up above the fuse box under the drivers dash and at the throttle body.
If someone could tell me what i need to do, it would be greatly appreciated and if anyone could show me some pictures on where i need to, i would be in debt to them for the rest of my life.
Also, before i go, when you turn the ignition on does the throttle body make clicking noises and is this normal?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

cup , issues , throttle