Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: United Kingdom
First look underneath Spider ..
Had the Spider just over a month and have manged to get a few jobs done (C/belt, w/pump etc.. oil and filter) and today manged to get it on a ramp for a quick look underneath.
Mostly it's pretty good but a few niggles/questions maybe you can help with..
* Three (new looking)exhaust silencers boxes !! No wonder the car weighs as much as a 166 !!
* Large dumbell shaped lump of cast iron on the offside rear corner hanging off rubber
bushes - what on earth is it ?
* Evidence of oil leak around clutch housing (front n/s of engine) - could this be a worn crankshaft seal - tricky job ?
* Corrosion bottom of o/s/f wheel arch due to cracked underseal beneath the plastic trim.
flaky but solid looking spring pans.
* Kerbed wheel .. spare pepperpot anyone ?