The GTV after its first wash (with pics) - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 19-08-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

GTV V6 Phase 2

The GTV after its first wash (with pics)

I was asked to post some picks of my new GTV. On Thursday I picked up the Alfa. It had been standing on the street for a month and was rather filthy.

The plan was to wash it this weekend and then give it a proper detailing with a DA polisher.
Since my garage has been invaded by my mate's trailer I can't park the Alfa in there and give her the full treatment. So the machine polish and paintwork correction stuff will have to wait till next weekend when I get the use of my garage back.

So this weekend I had to make do with just giving the car a wash and seeing what condition the paintwork was in and get an idea of what's ahead of me. But to start with I decided to attack the interior. It took two hours to clean just the interior which as you know isn't that big so you get an idea of how dirty it was. But oh wow what a result. Turns out the interior is in top notch condition. So here's a few interior snaps. I'm useless with the camera so these don't do it justice. It looks blimin' new in the flesh! The only side of wear is a slight fading of the stitching on the door side of the driver's seat. That's it.

Back Seats | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Blue-Style Interior | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Interior 2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Then I washed the car. After drying it and having a look at it I nearly jumped for joy. There's a blinder of a car underneath! Sure it's 13 years old so there's plenty of swirl removal and some stone chips to take care of but nothing that any weekend detailing warrior can't handle. I was so chuffed that I couldn't help myself giving it a going over with some Dodo Juice quick detailer to keep me happy until I can really attack the paintwork next weekend. Now from 3 feet away it looks new and shines a treat.

Alfa GTV V6 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I'm shock and awed. I think I just made the deal of the century.
Sponsored Links
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 1605
County: West Yorkshire
Well done looks brilliant, Do post some more pictures when you've attacked her properly
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 19-08-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

GTV V6 Phase 2

Will do.

I'll do some close up before and after shots so you can see if I managed to improve the Alfa close up.

Obviously with a car that age you are going to have a lot of imperfections close up. Should be fun.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

detailing , gtv , pics , wash