wind noise from door rubbers - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 17-08-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Carmarthenshire

Member car:

Boxing wind noise from door rubbers

I'm back but didn't actually go. Even though I had strong interest for the car I just couldn't convince myself to sell it when it came down to it. It was worth the price of the advert alone just to realise that its a great car and with a few more pounds spent I could enjoy it even more....

So.... its down a small niggle of wind noise.

Some of my commute is motorway at speed. I do get some wind noise from the drivers door, its not bad but I want to reduce it the best I can. There is a tear in the door rubber where the seat belt buckle has jammed in the past. So I am looking to replace that for a start.

1. From experience what is the main culprit for wind noise through the doors.

1. Is there a reasonable place to buy new door rubbers as I have seen some crazy costs or should I wait on a tidy one from a breaker or the bay.

2. I am not sure how flexible the rubber strip on the top if the door aperture should be. Its the one the window bashes into and sits under. It they were a bit more flexible the window could sit a tad higher and be a tad quieter? Also it my help avoid window readjustments.

3. The extra rubber gaskets around the door and seal to front wing etc do they contribute much?

I am picking hairs really for the car but I am determined now I am not selling to turn back the clock a bit and make it the best I can get it.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Cheshire
AO Silver Member
County: Hertfordshire
I would say any of them will affect wind noise, if they are worn or broken, the window height and the curved rubber that fits to the rear wing where the doors shut in particular. I think you can get those from EB spares.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

door , noise , rubbers , wind