GTV 3.0 V6 24V - Few exhaust questions - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 16-08-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -
GTV 3.0 V6 24V - Few exhaust questions

Hi all

I'm writing to you from Switzerland, so sorry for my bad english. My German and italian is a lot better .

I'm a proud owner of a 2003 GTV 3.0 V6 with Red Style interior. Also there's a GTV6 1981 and a 147 GTA (from my GF) in my Garage. Before this GTV i had 2 other, both Phase 1 and a Phase 1 Spider V6 12V. So how you can see, I'm a 916 enthusiast .

I've decided to made now the ultimate GTV, which i don't want to resell in future. For this I've got some questions for you experienced Alfa Guys .

First of all it's very cool that your Alfa Community is so big in UK. I can find Parts in UK, which i never found in switzerland neither in Italy.

So, from Dan I'm gona to buy a "Wizard" exhaust with Silencer in the Mid-Section (Swiss Police aren't friends of loud exhaust pipes...alltough loud pipes can save lives ).

Also i found the Alfaholics Shop, where i can buy the front Pipes and a Sport-Cat for my 2003 V6 GTV.

My question is, how much will the Sport-Cat and the Frontpipe with the Wizard-Exhaust increase the powere of my V6?! Because of the Sport-Cat, do I have to make a tune (Software remap)?! If there's not a big increase of power (0-15 HP) i'll buy only the Exhaust from Dan....

Does anyone of you drive this mix?! Do you have experience with it?! Or only with the Sport-Cat and Front-Pipes?

Thank you for your responses.

Kind Regards
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

GTV 3.0

Best thing is getting the carbon plenum (ACT Carbon Plenum EOI) too but then you surely need to get a remap.
AO Member

Member car:

GTV V6 Phase 2

Completely off topic, but when I was in the army in Finland I met a lad from Lugano in Switzerland. (His mother was Finnish so he had signed up for the Finnish army for a bit of adventure) Nice enough chap, but he spoke Finnish with an Italian accent so he always pulled the best looking birds.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

24v , exhaust , gtv , questions