A couple of summers ago I decided to build my own ICE system for my GTV V6, using general info and guides on the forum I taught myself as I went along. Had never done anything remotely like this but had always wanted to when I was younger. See the summary with links to the pictures, enjoy, comment (be gentle) and unfortunately circumstances mean I am going to sell the car so therefore everything in this whole install is available if someone wants to buy for their GTV.
My GTV itself is coming up for sale, http://s581.photobucket.com/albums/s...eo%20GTV%20V6/
but first I want to sell its custom install to someone.
In Car Entertainment - Over £1200 spent
plus approximately 80 man hours
putting it together:
* Custom made Sub build
. based on approach used by others on AO but using fibreglass. A lightweight, serious subwoofer enclosure that makes use of the whole boot, remove-able in about 10 minutes if you need the boot on the odd occasion. See pics here of build. sub build pictures by nilsy_bucket - Photobucket
* Custom made Front door pods
for 3-way speakers. See pics of Build: Door Pods pictures by nilsy_bucket - Photobucket
* Infinity Kappa 1.7cs 3-way components in front with crossovers within the door.
* Alpine CVA 1004R mobile media station
with flip-out motorised screen.
* Alpine KCE-104V - AV expansion box for adding external A/V devices (cost £150 alone)
* JL Audio A1800 Monoblock Amplifier 1000W
RMS going to the 12" sub.
* JL Audio 300/4 Amplifier
going (bridged) to the front component speakers.
* Digital TV receiver
with remote control and USB input for media files. This one:
* RCA/composite A/V connection in cabin for additional devices, I've regularly had my Playstation2 connected.
* Van Damme cables used for A/V signal to and from head unit and amps.
* KnuKonceptz fuse blocks and amp power cables
* Custom designed and remove-able install platform in boot: http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/s...6/IMAG0312.jpg
I have got pics here of all the work done, everything is custom done, if you would like to contact me to discuss I can talk you through it in more detail.