Some good news, since last running on the 11th August 2012 the car has run again today, 17th Feb 2013. Managed to grab a few hours over the last couple of weekends to get it ready to run and started first time. Injection light came on but realised I'd forgotten to connect the MAF so that was quickly resolved.
What's happened since the last update.
1) New radiator fitted along with a new thermostat
2) replaced part of the bottom hose that goes into the engine block, bought a 45 degree bit of pipe, 35mm ID and cut it down to size, perfect fit. The old hose appears to have been the source of the coolant leak noted on the MOT and it was apparent when I had it in the garage it was leaking. The old hose was badly out of shape and wouldn't seal.
3) I have temporarily repaired the split intake hose with pvc weld which seems to have done a good job of sealing it, will buy new in the future.
4) New oil and filter, fitted a dowty washer and no signs of an oil leak from the plug anymore, note you need to buy an M20 not M18.
5) Replaced the centre exhaust section that was badly corroded and most of the outer cover was rotting away, I don't think it was blowing but wouldn't be long so I decided to replace. I had to get the angle grinder on the old section to seperate it from the cat. All new gaskets and bolts fitted.
6) fitted up the downpipe and fitted a new lambda sensor I had lying around the garage. The wire was too short so I had to extend this using butt connectors.
I haven't yet driven the car as I have a couple of other bits to check but the clutch seems to be fine, no noise from the bearing anymore and goes into all gears.
Quick summary to date
1) New 3 piece clutch kit and lightened flywheel
2) New crank seal
3) Good used ARB from Fiat Turbo, slightly thicker
4) New front wishbones
5) New ARB drop links
6) New offside CV joint and boot, otherside was fine so I didn't touch it
7) New radiator and thermostat
8) New centre exhaust section
9) New Lambda
10) Fresh power steering fluid, required after dropping rack
11) Fresh coolant
12) Oil and filter
Hopefully get it moving again and see what needs doing on the tracking to get it to drive in a straight line before getting it an MOT. I also got a new insurance quote and prices have come down another £50 since I last checked when I bought the car 10 months ago.
Alfa Romeo GTV T-Spark