Here is something a little different from the GTA rebuilds that are usually seen on here. It is great to see someone who is really passionate about their 2.0 GTV.
A good customer of mine who owns a lovely 2002 2.0 GTV that has been using more and more oil and is now using about 3 litres of oil to every 1000 miles. So after a chat we both decided a rebuilt engine would be the best route to go down. Then he emailed me a list of other things he would like to do to the car while we are fitting the engine and we had a discussion to finalise what we would go ahead with and the list is as follows;
- Fully rebuilt CF3 engine, new everything!
- New clutch and slave cylinder
- Quaife differential – gearbox needs to be split to fit this – not like on the GTA / JTD where it is an ‘in situe’ job
- New diff bearings and seals
- Fiat coupe 23mm front ARB
- Alfaholics rear ARB
- Koni sport adjustable front dampers
- KYB rear dampers
- KYB springs all round
- Rear suspension arms and spring pan powerflex
- Powerflex both front and rear anti roll bar
- New rear droplinks
- Powerflex rear upper arms
- New rear upper ball joints
- New radiator
- Track rod ends
- 305mm brake conversion using hubs and callipers from a 3.0 GTV
- Braided hoses all round
- New front wheel bearings
- 4 wheel geometry set up
- All the other front end suspension components were renewed last year
- And probably a load of other bits and bobs too
Basically it is pretty much a complete mechanical restoration of his GTV, and once finished it will be better than new. Also this is the first time that we have fitted the Quaife differential to the Twinspark gearbox so that will be interesting too in terms of fitting and results!
I will post pictures as the work develops – here are a few to start!