Cigarette Lighter and Front Grill - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 27-07-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -
Cigarette Lighter and Front Grill

Hey Group,

My 1996 Alfa Romeo GTV Spider is on route as we speak. Can't wait to get it. I'm in need of the following for the car:
1. Cigarette Lighter. Do all sizes fit?
2. Chrome Grill for front

Please help me source out.

Bruno Vendittelli
Toronto, ON
Sponsored Links
I bought both those items for my spider from e bay.

If e bay Canada does not have them then I can vouch that e bay UK will have them.
The chrome grill is phase two and your car is phase one which should have the matt black unit. However, the phase two unit is far too pretty and so that is the unit I fitted to my phase one.

As far as the cigarette lighter is concerned I replaced the whole unit, which came about a millimetre smaller in diameter than I thought it would be but it still locked into place ok and looks and works fine. The unit required is similar to many other options on e bay that may look right but may not be exactly correct so it is best to get your old one out and compare the listings with the unit in you hand. Just so you know however, I had to destroy my old unit to get it out of the centre console as it would not click apart as it should have. Fortunately the new replacement unit did come apart easily.
If you need help removing the centre console and cannot find another thread with the info please contact me and I will do my best to give easy to follow instructions. I broke mine and had to "plastic weld" it back together as I had failed to remove a fixing screw and broke a lug off. If it does not come away easily, pull the carpets away and you should find the screws hiding in the gloriously deep shag pile..........not!

Best of luck.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

cigarette , front , grill , lighter