Wind deflector OEM fixings, anyone have the part numbers? - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: Greater London
Hi again gents.

Yep.. probably best to leave the bolts already in the recess (as Mr Wookey says... the do actually have a function already!) - although I didn't have any bolts with my deflector.. so had to steal those in the recess!

David - I got mine off ebay. Paid 160. There's always one or two on there... but worth waiting for an OEM one at a decent price.

I have a question for those of you already with deflectors...

... How do you "clean" the mesh... I want it to be darker? Tried using some tyre black spray...seemed to do ok, but ran out of it!

Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Brokopondo
The mesh does appear quite brownish in sunlight but this is down to the material, making it darker i believe is down to either changing the mesh or dying it i reckon. I clean my mesh with a sponge and be sure to dry it off as it may rot if you clean it often enough.

PS: I have a spare OEM deflector that has just been fully restored with frame resprayed and mesh renewed and i don't need it its for sale if anyone is interested?
(Post Link) post #28 of 28 Old 13-08-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: New South Wales

Member car:

2001 Spider

Ok... progress!

The deflector arrived... its exactly what i thought, its OEM. me smile? you bet! Best 35quid ive spent on the car so far lol.

Made the brackets as the info on here. Found alloy in the local hardware store (Bunnings, its like B&Q) in exactly the right sizes. So I made the small plates and left them natural, I just tapped them out as M5 and fitted two small stainless domed head socket screws I had. Getting the thicker (2.5mm) Alloy to fit in the recess was a pain, and I had to fit the outer bracket on loosely and use it to manoever the whole plot around, so beware of that, but it did fit.

The outer brackets were made and painted of the same alloy, just a wider piece. I painted it and then fitted the rivnuts just like the pics I had of the OEM so it looked 'factory', I could have painted them after. I did bend the plates before fitting them and did it by trial and error to get the correct angle for the deflector bosses.

In the end I decided as I dont have my seats right back I would complete the OEM look and buy hand wheels/knobs for the fixings as I wanted to be able to get at the battery to fit my trickle charger often as I dont use the car that much, I just surfed ebay and bought some called 'M6x40mm Male Thread Black Knurled Thumbscrew Grip Knob' as these fit my M6x1.00 thread rivnuts. I may cut then down a little to 35mm, but will see when they arrive. I will do final pics when I have these and they are fitted.

So... can you make the brackets yourself? YES! Can they look like OEM? I will say 'YES' again...

Thanks everyone for their help!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

deflector , fixings , numbers , oem , part , wind