2013 Spider - I want one - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #26 of 28 Old 20-07-12 Thread Starter
Regional Representative
For the South East - AOSE
County: Kent
Originally Posted by BeautifulBusso View Post
Can I chime in on this please

I have a mk1 mx5 and it's brillant, handles beautifully, easy to plant and is perfectly balanced...I actually wish my GTA handled like it but even more of a shocker, because of owning the mx5 I will never buy a Spider or another Alfa again until they make something that handles just as well if not better than the mx5

This new spider based on the mx5 sounds perfect to me, just wish I could justify buying a brand new car
Totally agree It was Mazda who put the roadster back on the driving map and the MK1 is an absolute riot on A/B roads. This chassis will definately be a great platform in which to wrap it with some Alfa styling and probably 1750TBi unit, hopefully with some cam adjustments for an 8/9K redline would be nice.

Although I've not owned one of these, I've had x2 MK1 MR2's, which have immense handling and Oh so joyous Rear Wheel Drive!!.... Alfa's next spider (whether its 2013,14,15 or SOON!! ) needs a proven chassis and bloody RWD.

I'd still wait for a 3/4 year old model, as it don't take long for them to drop below 10K.

AO Stickers AO Merchandise

2017 - Events for SE
* Starting Again from March *

1999 GTV - PH2 3.0 V6 - Vela Blue - 'Blue Style Momo' - Aero Pack
GTA Clutch, PH3 Alloys, Ragazzon Quad DTM, Koni SR-T, Powerflex Bushes
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Bedfordshire
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
I dunno, people bang on for years that Alfa need to make a rear drive car again so they go to Mazda and collaborate using the next floorpan of the MX5, which as stated is one of the best handling cars ever made, mainly because it is rear drive, and yet they still get slated for it

Pull your head out of your arse, a rear drive Spider will be a hugely popular car and one that is badly needed for Alfa
A humourous-ish comment about MX5s being a bit girly and I've got my head up my arse and slating Alfas - bit harsh I'd have thought

AO Silver Member
County: Kent

Member car:

Originally Posted by james_stan View Post
A humourous-ish comment about MX5s being a bit girly and I've got my head up my arse and slating Alfas - bit harsh I'd have thought

You'll find some people on this forum to be complete nob jockeys!

Don't take them too seriously

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

2013 , spider