Well i though i would post up some pics to let you all see what im working with.
Driving pretty well, however really nasty power steering fluid leak, not sure where from yet, plan to leave it with my mechanic next week as im going on holidays.
Problems i can see to date:
1) All over stone chips, scores, parking knocks etc have been filled with red nail polish
2) Fuel cap stuck, so someone prized it open with a screw driver, obviously at the hinge side, made a real ****** of the paint work all around it, and broke the cap in half. It had been glued back together and refitted, it was pretty sexy. I removed it altogether because i didnt want it to look like my handy work.
3) Usual pink fading on skirts etc
4) black paint covering engine management light and air bag light
5) seal missing from around drivers door
6) superglue run down the drivers side sill, must be from gluing the rubber seal on.
7) drivers seat has been risen 30mm with washers - 30mm isnt much, but its a whole lot for some men
8)Drivers door card is in real bad shape
9) Crack on left side of front apron, lacquer flaking on right side.
10) corner reflectors missing on front fogs/indicators
11) plastic cover under bonnet cracked on right side
12) Rubber/foam gasket under bonnet on top of light missing on left side
13) speaker covers are light grey on rear parcel shelf.
I intend leaving with my mechanic for full service, basically what ever it needs, think i will have timing belt changed as i cant trust it has been done.
I think it needs a full respray to look proper, what do you all think???
Should should i do under bonnet? should i have it rebuilt and cleaned?
What about exhaust? its pretty rotty also so need to do something anyway.