In at the Deep End? (2.0 V6 TB) - Page 4 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

Alfa GTV 2.0 TS

Originally Posted by GTV-TB View Post
Spare parts - except front hub carrier, exhaust downpipe, cylinder liners/heads, head gasket, pistons and rings, camshaft (I am using Alfa 164 camshafts on mine) and crankshaft, so is rest of the engine parts to find also on 155 V6 (cam belt, tensioner, water pump), clutch is used on several V6 12V (hydraulics is the same as on the rest of the GTV V6), turbo have Garrett T25 parts inside, termostat - move it from a GTV V6 housing to the old TB housing, distributor cap is used on Volvo and Peugeot V6, brakes is same the as on GTV TS, drive shafts is the same as on GTV V6 and I've probably forgotten a lot of other parts in this list .

Check so that it can handle full boost with no misfires...

Could you elaborate on those camshaft out of an Alfa 164 (standard 3.0 12V,yes?) Any trouble fitting them? Did they change the character of the engine?

My TB runs perfectly except when you go harder on the pedal. It bogs and jerks a bit, though it still picks up speed. Is that how the misfire problem reveals itself?

(I might just have hijacked this thread a bit... )
Sponsored Links
County: Bornholm
Greetings all,

I've had a V6 TB since 2000 and it's been cherished ever since - not a major costing car in terms of service and general running costs and performance once you fit a Squadra chip is very fun. I had mine dyno tested at 225bhp, which is more than enough for fun and frolics and it'll out run the TS comfortably and keep up with the 3.0V6 on curly roads no problem at all and on a straight, it'll outrun them...more torque available.

Some of the old members will have seen my car - it's been untouched for 6-years here in Denmark and it's got everything it needs on it for looks and performance - not the fastest car on the road, but fabulous to drive, reliable, hardly any lag and with the correct springs and dampers, handles absolutely fine indeed.

Remember it's a 15-year-old car and while it may be technically dated, it's outlasted a lot of others in its class - and it looks very pretty, even today.

It'll be back on the road very soon - summer time 2013.
AO Member
County: Vestfold
Get your car in here as well:
Squadra 916 — Alfa GTV & Spider Community
Share pics and have fun!
County: Bornholm
Just joined - thanks for the heads up - will post pics soon

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

deep , end