The GTV/Spider Ph1 Club - Page 10 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 67Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Status: -
AO Member
 
aicwilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Aberdeenshire
Posts: 414
Images: 25

Member car:

916 Spider V6

image.jpg

time to join in..... '97 Spider....washed and posing
aicwilson is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
(Post Link) post #227 of 350 Old 17-06-14 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
00Alfa Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: Kent
Posts: 4,301
Images: 45
Garage

Member car:

Alfas

Wow, some really nice cars being posted here tonight !!

The 97 Spider, is it a 12V ? Does she go well?
00Alfa Andy is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
aicwilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Aberdeenshire
Posts: 414
Images: 25

Member car:

916 Spider V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Alfa Andy View Post
Wow, some really nice cars being posted here tonight !!

The 97 Spider, is it a 12V ? Does she go well?
No the pic is of my 97 Spider Twinny....

Do have a V6 Spider too but it's a P2 ...again in silver..... Oh and a silver GTV V6....

Basically a silver 916 addiction sad but true
aicwilson is offline  
 
Status: profesional ledgend
AO Silver Member
 
bradpit999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Midlands
Posts: 2,462
Images: 42
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansflyer View Post
Nice Ian... Did you get it sprayed or is that polish? +1 for the wheels.
that was just hard work with polish nothing else..................... spray is coming soon

i picked these wheels up for 400 when teles were at there highest 600 price........... or i would have had teledials
bradpit999 is offline  
Status: Hooked
AO Member
 
Philbass39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: United Kingdom
County: Staffordshire
Posts: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradpit999 View Post
that was just hard work with polish nothing else..................... spray is coming soon

i picked these wheels up for 400 when teles were at there highest 600 price........... or i would have had teledials
Mine were about the same, so GTAs it was Your car looks great there btw
Philbass39 is offline  
Status: profesional ledgend
AO Silver Member
 
bradpit999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Midlands
Posts: 2,462
Images: 42
Garage
thank you ............................. close inspection it looses some of its appeal............... 1000 stone chips to front or bumper / bonnet but yes overall for its age its superb
bradpit999 is offline  
Status: Spider being painted!
AO Member
 
Vansflyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Midlands
Posts: 481
It still looks good in the flesh Ian, wheels look fab and "just right".
Vansflyer is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Olle D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sweden
County: Uppsala
Posts: 131

Member car:

GTV 3.0 24 v -98

Ok, here is my bella, a -98 phase 1.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alfan1.jpg (203.8 KB, 33 views)
Olle D is offline  
Status: Cento per cento del cuore di sport !!!
AO Silver Member
 
alfa scozia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: United Kingdom
County: Stirling
Posts: 3,097
Our 'Rust2Rome' AlfaScozia Spider ... still in bits after test runs but we will be leaving on the 29th from Edinburgh bound for Rome on the 11th July

p.s. if anyone has a cat-back system laying about and could get it to me next week I may be interested

Last edited by alfa scozia; 15-08-14 at 07:40.
alfa scozia is offline  
Status: Still Rocking! Just
AO Member
 
alex916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: United Kingdom
County: Oxfordshire
Posts: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint68 View Post
Our 'Rust2Rome' AlfaScozia Spider ... still in bits after test runs but we will be leaving on the 29th from Edinburgh bound for Rome on the 11th July

p.s. if anyone has a cat-back system laying about and could get it to me next week I may be interested
How much did you get the Bridgestones for in the end? Love the sponsorship from my favourite coffee break biscuit
alex916 is offline  
Status: Cento per cento del cuore di sport !!!
AO Silver Member
 
alfa scozia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: United Kingdom
County: Stirling
Posts: 3,097
64/corner

We will be getting a box of Tunnocks

I additionaly managed to blag some Mrs Tilly's fudge
alfa scozia is offline  
Status: Reflated!
AO Silver Member
 
MarkiT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: United Kingdom
County: North Yorkshire
Posts: 1,754
Garage
Here's mine:
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3933/...90785373_c.jpg
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3931/...97d11715_c.jpg

Had it since October. Running well, but a few niggles - front bumper/bonnet gap is quite large (not sure how to adjust this), bonnet release doesn't work (guess I need a new cable - all the slack has already been tightened as much as it'll go I think), and the odd random electrical gremlin. The latest of these is a random alarm activation for no reason - battery related?
MarkiT is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
sportyone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Australia
County: Victoria
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkiT View Post
Here's mine:
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3933/...90785373_c.jpg
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3931/...97d11715_c.jpg

Had it since October. Running well, but a few niggles - front bumper/bonnet gap is quite large (not sure how to adjust this), bonnet release doesn't work (guess I need a new cable - all the slack has already been tightened as much as it'll go I think), and the odd random electrical gremlin. The latest of these is a random alarm activation for no reason - battery related?
Nice looking car ph 2 wheels l think ?
With the bonnet, try adjusting the rubber stoppers where the bonnet seats, you can raise or lower them.
just might fix the bonnet release as well. just thinking !
sportyone is offline  
Status: -
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Hungary
County: Budapest
Posts: 9
Images: 8
Console/dashboard

Hey buddies!

My dashboards getting worse year after year so i must to replace or repaint it. Know you any kind of aftermarket ones or must to repair it? In this case i need a spare ones. Unfortunately Ph1s are very rare in Hungary.

Thanks for your help.
Saughassy is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
solaris998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Wiltshire
County: UK
Posts: 68
Garage
Here is my ph1, a 1998. drives really great, just got a few little job to sort.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0268.jpg (146.0 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg spider-side.jpg (170.6 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg back.jpg (138.8 KB, 50 views)
A6, MalcQV and Philbass39 like this.
solaris998 is offline  
Status: -
AO Platinum Member
 
MalcQV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Greater Manchester
Posts: 12,065
Images: 24
Garage

Member car:

Office Chair.

Beauty.
MalcQV is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
astazou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: Hampshire
Posts: 46
Images: 28
Garage
DIrty Gerty Ph1 TS

She's been getting some TLC
New Radiator
Refreshed and polybushed rear suspension incl springs, bumps tops, cones, ball joints
Slave cylinder
Stainless exhaust
Brake hoses
Front discs and pads
Silicone air intake
Under sealed
Replacement headlining
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (154.8 KB, 39 views)
Philbass39 likes this.
astazou is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
County: -
Posts: 26
Here my Ph1 GTV 3.0
And I Love the black interior...all blacked out...Not too keen on the later with the aluminum look.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150628_155602_1447513972088.jpg (66.4 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg 20151014_165017_1447514024927.jpg (47.0 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg 20151014_165032_1447514059586.jpg (47.6 KB, 39 views)
astazou and Philbass39 like this.
1997GTV is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
County: -
Posts: 20
Garage
Here's mine.
Built 1998, registered 1999. 3.0 GTV V6 24V
Had it for just a few weeks ... still working through the list of jobs it needs doing
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GTV.jpg (153.8 KB, 32 views)
MalcQV likes this.
Andrew Hines is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
County: -
Posts: 38
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11...f8d12dc4e0.jpg

My recently acquired P1 twin spark Spider.

Does anyone know what the wheels are ? No makers name on the inside but ET 35, so not ideal. Rest of the car is pretty good. Needs suspension work but that's about it. Loving being back in a 916 10 years after my P3 GTV was written off at 18,000 miles (head on collision with a Merc SLK, not my fault thankfully).
Spider916JD is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
astazou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: Hampshire
Posts: 46
Images: 28
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider916JD View Post
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11...f8d12dc4e0.jpg

My recently acquired P1 twin spark Spider.

Does anyone know what the wheels are ? No makers name on the inside but ET 35, so not ideal. Rest of the car is pretty good. Needs suspension work but that's about it. Loving being back in a 916 10 years after my P3 GTV was written off at 18,000 miles (head on collision with a Merc SLK, not my fault thankfully).
These look like mine, which are Alessio Spider 17"
astazou is offline  
Status: Looking at a pool of oil on the garage floor
AO Member
 
AHspider916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
County: Bristol
Posts: 67
Here mine: a 1998 TS in Atollo blue on teledials with tan Momo leather which I got last month. 116k on the clock. I've had a new cambelt, aux belt, water pump, plugs, coils, oil and filter change. I think it's going to need plenty more mechanical work to keep it going. Spent nearly twice the purchase price on that first service and I haven't finished my first tank of petrol yet!! Hope it's worth it, saved it from going for scrap I suppose; apparently there's only 225 phase 1 spiders left in the UK!

Oh, and before anyone asks, it really is a Ph 1 but someone must have put a Ph 2 grille on and sprayed the lower part of the front moulding in body colour. Maybe it had a frond end shunt and got repaired with some Ph 2 bits? Quite like it the way it is now anyway.

Andy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20151219_141012.jpg (153.8 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg 20151219_141114.jpg (179.7 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg 20151219_141132.jpg (141.6 KB, 72 views)
astazou and solaris998 like this.

Last edited by AHspider916; 19-12-15 at 14:18.
AHspider916 is offline  
Status: Still Rocking! Just
AO Member
 
alex916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: United Kingdom
County: Oxfordshire
Posts: 431
It's a beauty, love the colour combination. With only so few left their all worth saving.
AHspider916 likes this.
alex916 is offline  
Status: Bozhdynsky.com
AO Member
 
ybsone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Poland
County: Lodzkie
Posts: 59
I invite You all to get to know my website
Alfa Romeo GTV Spider History Yaroslav Bozhdynsky's Personal Website
Should be the most comprehensive source of info for GTV and Spider

I'm most proud of 'Limited Editions' section but as this would not apply to Phase 1 cars take a look at the complete 'Colour Codes' list, divided into subphases
Colour Codes Yaroslav Bozhdynsky's Personal Website
If You have a picture of a paint code sticke please send it and I'll update my collection

Did You know that the interior of Phase 1 cars was designed by Centro Stile Alfa Romeo under Walter de Silva and not by Pininfarina?
Check out my interview with Enrico Fumia
Interview with Enrico Fumia Yaroslav Bozhdynsky's Personal Website

Also visit my 'Production Numbers' page with first two years (1993!-1994) properly researched and confirmed by Centro Documentazione Alfa Romeo
Other years 2002-2004 also researched by me, rest maybe someday
Production Numbers Yaroslav Bozhdynsky's Personal Website

Happy Alfa-Motoring
astazou, Jowey, Scortho and 1 others like this.

Cheers, Jarek
www.bozhdynsky.com
ybsone is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
astazou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: Hampshire
Posts: 46
Images: 28
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ybsone View Post
I invite You all to get to know my website
Alfa Romeo GTV Spider History Yaroslav Bozhdynsky's Personal Website
Should be the most comprehensive source of info for GTV and Spider

I'm most proud of 'Limited Editions' section but as this would not apply to Phase 1 cars take a look at the complete 'Colour Codes' list, divided into subphases
Colour Codes Yaroslav Bozhdynsky's Personal Website
If You have a picture of a paint code sticke please send it and I'll update my collection

Did You know that the interior of Phase 1 cars was designed by Centro Stile Alfa Romeo under Walter de Silva and not by Pininfarina?
Check out my interview with Enrico Fumia
Interview with Enrico Fumia Yaroslav Bozhdynsky's Personal Website

Also visit my 'Production Numbers' page with first two years (1993!-1994) properly researched and confirmed by Centro Documentazione Alfa Romeo
Other years 2002-2004 also researched by me, rest maybe someday
Production Numbers Yaroslav Bozhdynsky's Personal Website

Happy Alfa-Motoring
Will take a picture of my paint code sticker and put up for you, it's one you have missing. 613a Grigio Titanio
ybsone likes this.
astazou is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

Tags
club , gtv or spider , ph1

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
Replace with
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome