New GTV Owner needs some Help with windows - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 28-05-12 Thread Starter
County: Northamptonshire

Member car:

2002 GTV

New GTV Owner needs some Help with windows

Just picked up a 2002 GTV(not sure what phase, I think it is a 2?) at the weekend and in general I'm pleasantly surpised.

Only downside, is my drivers side window does not work, and driving from Cumbria to Northamptonshire on Sat. was not a pleasant experince (Air Con also needs to be re-gassed).

When I press the drivers side switch, I can hear the relay clicking behind the glove box (which indicates the relay is fine???).

Had a quick look on Sun, and I know it is not the door switch (swapped over connectors and Passenger side works fine in either terminal, drivers does not work in either).

So having a look around the site, I can see it could be a number of things, but to add something extra into the mix, my courtesy light (and one inside glovebox) also does not work, so I am wondering if it could be the controller behind the glove box, or is the motor/regulator?

Oh also to add further info, the window has the auto drop feature when door is opened, and looks like all fuses on the fuse box under steering column are ok, so not likely a fuse?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

gtv , owner , windows