General interior woes!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 26-05-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Warwickshire
General interior woes!!

Hi has anybody got a knackered seat with the tilt lever still intact? If so I am interested in buying one as mine has been snapped since I have the car.

Also the leather surrounding it has completely come away, is this easy to sit under the lever once its off?

While I'm here, the plastic with the fuel flap and light beam doesn't sit correctly in the trim, it looks like I have a clip missing on the right as the leather doesn't follow the curve of the plastic. So if anybody knows where i can get a clip or has one for me that would be perfect!

Cheers for any help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0275.jpg (37.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0276.jpg (33.1 KB, 9 views)
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Kent

Member car:

With regards to the tilt lever, it looks like some 1 has had a look at that before.

My advice would be to take the seat/car to a re trimmer and get them to replace the cable in the seat and re glue the leather at the same time.

I paid £100 to re leather my drivers seat bolster and fix the cable in my Spider.

The plastic trim on both my cars look similar to the picture you posted. I wouldn't worry about that.
Best of luck, Andy
AO Silver Member
County: Bedfordshire
The plastic surround of the tilt lever is in two parts. The seat material is supposed to be trapped between the two bits of plastic, I had the same thing on my car and it was just a matter of separating the two bits of plastic and feeding the material back in. Fiddly, but not too difficult.

I also had a malfunctioning lever ( broken by the repair shop who were supposed to be repairing the car and not brekaing more stuff! ). In my case, the cable had merely come away from the lever. With a pair of long nose pliers I was able to reform the bend at the end of the cable and re-thread it through the hole in the lever.

On my car, I had to drill out the rivet holding the knob to the lever and when done, I replaced the rivet with a self tapping screw. Other than that, it all comes apart fairly easily.
(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 26-05-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Warwickshire
The lever works fine, just looks tatty. Thanks for your replies.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

general , interior , woes