O2 sensor / 200 cell sport cat - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
O2 sensor / 200 cell sport cat

I have decatted manifolds and a 200 cell sports cat fitted before my quad exit.

My Ecu is showing a fault ( engine light) and error code for post cat sensors.
Anyone else had this problem with this set-up?

Firstly I am going to get a new lambda and hope its not my set-up causing this.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Lancashire

Member car:

2001 V6 GTV Q2

Yep. I have decatted manifolds, EQ front pipes, SS exhaust and did have a 200 cell racing cat in place of the main cats under floor. Apart from the noise, which was nice in a very loud kind of way I had constant engine warning light issues. The fault codes were for the post cat lambdas and when I checked the measurements on Fiatscan they were jumping around as much as the manifold lambdas, even at idle. From what I read up the manifold lambdas should switch from rich to lean to manage the fuelling but the post cat lambdas are just there to check on the proper performance of the cats. If the cats are working properly the post cat measurements should be fairly stable. Mine weren't, hence the engine warning light. I swapped back to a stock cat under the car and haven't had any problems since. Its a bit quieter now but I make the sacrifice for not getting warning lights.
Many thanks for the info.

I was planning on doing a check with my original Cat under the car before buying any sensors. Now with your info, I shall definately run this and see what happens. I am hoping it is a dodgy sensor. As I am fond of the way the car sounds at the moment.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

200 , cat , cell , sensor , sport