Poor thing had been sitting for about a month
I'd had an electrical fault which was draining the battery overnight. But I think I've fixed it (until the next one comes along). I sealed the doors and re-soldered some of the connections on the electric window controller (dry joints). Battery held its charge for about 3 weeks which is a bit of an improvement.
Last week I decided to give it some tlc, so ordered some bits (powerflex bushes for the engine top steady and a thermostat) and then set about painting the intake manifold and coil cover. Silver car so did them in matt black then sanded down the top (I'll try and get a pic sorted out). Looks okay and a lot better than it did.
Adjusted the wiper arms as they had been put back on in the wrong place. Plus a few other things. Then gave it a wash and polish.
Parts arrived yesterday (thanks Autolusso).
I'd already taken the engine top steady off. Drilled out the old bushes, cleaned it up and painted it matt black (can you tell I had a can of matt black lying around). So fitted the powerflex bushes and stuck it back on the car. Then replaced the thermostat and checked all the pipes and connections.
Then held my breath and turned the key -
Took it for a little test drive and apart from flat spotted tyres all seems good.
Drove it to work this morning
Ah its good to be back in a V6.