On the way... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 17-04-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Glasgow

Member car:

916 Spider & GTV

Well Happy On the way...

Well with the help of the how to guide...I successfully changed my thermostat (CF2)

Few pointers that I'd add; don't use a socket set, its too tight on the bottom bolt even with an extension...I'd suggest a spanner (or the circular grip at the opposite end of the spanner don't know what its called!)

The odd clips that aren't jubilee clips don't need a special tool, a hammer and a flat-head screwdriver will prise them off and if you want to reconnect a standard set of pliers will pull them back together.

The hoses will need a lot of effort to get them off; again a flat-head screwdriver between the hose and the housing will help loosen them (be gentle and don't split the pipe).

Make sure you re-connect the bottom hose that you disconnected after doing everything - I got carried away after reconnecting all the hoses to thermostat only to then realise I hadn't re-done the bottom one when filling back up!

When tightening the new thermostat to the engine do each bolt one turn at a time or you wont get an even seal.

Apart from that, all is good - a steady 88 degrees!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

change , cold , running , thermostat , tips