Buying a Spider Lusso advice please - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 16-03-05 Thread Starter
AO Member
Buying a Spider Lusso advice please

Hi there, I am thinking of buying a 1999 2.0 Twinspark Lusso spider. But I have a question, the car has momo leather and air-con but not an electric hood. Am I wrong but I thought all lussos of this age should have an electric hood. There are two buttons for the roof cover inside the drivers door behind the seat, but the dealer has shown me the roof operating manually. Any help would be appreciated. I have read the guide above but it mentions lussos having powered roofs.

Many thanks,

Sponsored Links
AO Member
Re: Buying a Spider Lusso advice please

I have a Y2000 TS Lusso and mine has Momo A/C and An electric hood....does it have the buttons for the electric hood at the back of the centre console?...(near your left elbow when sat in drivers seat)

Just wondering...I know they sometimes stop working (random) but if it ever had been installed the buttons would be there.

Hope this helps a little.

Sounds like yours is an early Lusso, but late registration. Ours is a 98 car and has a manual hood but all the other gear as well. Does it have colour coded bumpers or partial (bottom still black)?

So, I suspect yours is one of the early cars.....chassis number will confirm the build date, if it's a dealer ask them to run the chassis number through their parts dept for the year....or get the number and PM me, I'll run it

AO Gold Member
County: Bedfordshire

Member car:

2007 Ford Focus!

Or 2001 Lusso had the powered hood.For the sake of reliability ,and our own bitter experience I have to say you may be better off with the manual roof!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

advice , buying , lusso , spider