Changing battery has caused alarm issues! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Help Changing battery has caused alarm issues!

I have a GTV and, after returning from a business trip discovered that a period of her standing had drained down the battery.

As I tried to turn her over the alarm set itself i.e. hazards flashing and siren sounding.

I purchased a new battery yesterday and switched alarm off with isolation key to save my eardrums when fitting it.

The problem is I cannot turn the alarm back on because it constantly goes off. The strange thing is even with the alarm disabled, the hazards keep flashing for a period of twenty to thirty seconds if I start the engine up or open a door!

Can anyone help me please?
Sponsored Links
AO Member
Re: Changing battery has caused alarm issues!

Dave maybe it would help if you told us what type of alarm is fitted to your car, is it the type that has the remote built into the key or is it like mine, where the remote is a black square fob ?

Have you got the META alarm?

I'm guessing.....sounds like the alarm and doors have got out of sync. Just had this with the Spider......the doors are unlocked but the alarm isn't off so it goes off when you try and start the car.

Make sure when you're in the car that the alarm is off before starting. If this fails then the fob is not being recognised by the receiver...a common 155 problem but I suspect not the same for yours

Over to someone else......

AO Platinum Member
County: Porto

Member car:

Alfa 159 QV

Hi Dave, welcome to

I can sugest you one thing: clean the alarm memory by using the master key and not the remote.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

alarm , battery , caused , changing , issues