New GTV owner - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 26-03-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Greater London

Member car:

156GTA 147SS

New GTV owner

Hi all. Am a new owner of a 99 3.0 GTV Lusso, also having a 156 in my fold. I purchased the car a couple of weeks ago, for not very much at all, and there are a couple of issues I need to resolve within the next few weeks so would appreciate any help that you may be able to offer. And I look forward to filling my head with all the helpful GTV info on this site.

1. ABS break light comes in intermittently. I will check the sensors are in order.
2. Injector light somes on with the loss of power upto around 2k rpm. I will check the cables leading upto the throttle and connect/disconnect to see if that makes a difference.
3. There is a lot of oil under the arch on the driver's side wheel. I have not yet had the opportunity to look under the car in detail but was wondering if there could be an indication of the likely causes.

I have read some information about the causes/solutions to 1 and 2 above but will post more after I've had a look under the car in the coming few weeks. For now the car is grounded until I resolve all these problems. Any input would be appreciated and I also thought what better way to introduce myself to the fold.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Glasgow

Member car:

916 Spider & GTV

I'd say that the loss of power and the injector light are likely to be the MAF sensor needing cleaned or renewed.
AO Gold Member
County: Peterborough, Cambs
Hi GTVslave. Nice car you've got yourself there Good luck getting her back in top condition and Welcome to AO
AO Member
County: Derbyshire
oil cooler is driver side i think?? Likely culprit

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

gtv , owner