Selling my GTV V6 - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Platinum Member
County: Greater Manchester
It doesn't sound like the OP really wants to sell the car tbh or he'd be more forthcoming with the info that several posters have suggested.

The tiny avatar pic looks nice but you can't tell anything from something so small so I'm intrigued as to whether it's a potential belter for (less than?) two grand or a bit of a liability for someone.
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Brokopondo
I thought the market had bottomed 12 months ago! after yesterdays budget if i owned a V6 GTV i would get it mounted as a show piece in my living room as The chancellor has not done any favours for thirsty engines. As a result i reckon V6's have further to fall?

I now reckon that the left hand drive 1.8TS GTV/Spider has the best residual value for the 916 range, if they had built a 1.6 or 1.4 they would be worth thousands.
AO Silver Member
County: Surrey
Its a shame you are selling. Your GTV is very nice looking whenever I have seen it. What are you going to replace it with?
AO Member
County: Shropshire
People do want a moon on a stick for 1500 , i'd say hold on to it , its a future classic you know
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

Merc - Spider

Moon on a stick with a touch of raspberry..

I dont think people are expecting too much... look if you think about it. you do have to be a a slight massochist to get involved with Alfas.. I've loved them for years the early alfa sud and Lacias Beta spiders..

But be honest, 99% of these cars are not good to live with, emotionally yes..financially !!! you most probably think with your heart rather than your head when purchasing. (come on all of you admit it) and in the world of 6-8 a gallon, reliability issues, service costs and insurances, scarce parts your asking a lot.. the people buying these 500-1000 cars dont honestly know what theyre letting themselves in for and i think within a few months they'll be back on here at 500 again or scrap

Im suprised anyone buys one,(calm down I just discussing) I consider most of the cars on ebay overpriced (sorry) for what your getting yourself into compared to other european and japanse cars. be honest now...(yes there are horror stories but...)

Best mate has a mito...(having and had for last 2 years a nightmare)

The V6 is an awesome car, along with the spider..I believe these will become collectors cars resonable mileage and excellent condition with impeccable service will be the pre requisite though

High mileage may be ok but how in another 5-10 years where will they be. Weekend cars is where 99% of these cars are heading and we all know that.

What am i looking for in an alfa... to start off with a bargain gotta be the right car at the right price ( I have cash waiting and burning a hole)

Coupe or Spider

Red or Silver

Red or black interior.

FSH and all the work done. I dont mind doing stuff as long as this is reflected in the price

I honestly believe most of the mid priced cars that are on ebay are most probably over priced by 500-1000, I honestly think that because people have invested so much (love) and money in them they are expecting a return not what theyre actually worth.

I've been looking for 8 weeks....a couple of alfas have sold I mean a couple the rest still there today. even the auction cars starting at bids.

V6 3.0 been a couple never met reserve one from scotlands been on 5 times still cant reach 1700?

Ok so rant over... I'm looking for a mint car... have money to spend but i'll wait until a bargin comes up or someone wants to do a deal and take my cash..its a buyers market...summer might improve the spider not sure on the coupes tho..

AO Platinum Member
County: -

Member car:

Had a look at S500 prices and they are going for about 3-4k No money in cars anymore.
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

Originally Posted by howell811 View Post
Had a look at S500 prices and they are going for about 3-4k No money in cars anymore.
Good for buyers though.

GTV V6 values? Look what is happening to GTA and GT V6 prices and anything else that's impractical, likes fuel or would appeal to a narrow band of enthusiasts. Car forums are awash with people that can't sell their cars, or get what they want for them. You can't live in a GTV and you can't feed bits of them to your kids, or use bits of them to barter with the staff that seek payment for petrol.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

gtv , selling