i have the hardtop you posted a photo of and to answer your questions
1. no you do not need to remove the soft top just leave it in its cubbyhole ,and then place the hardtop onto the car , there are 2 catches at the front the same as the softtop ones ,and 2 screw type catches at the rear if you have a electric roof , use the manual button to screw down the hardtopp into place , then there are 2 catches where the b post would be , you have to fit 2 brackets to the car and 2 to the roof.
2. i had to put in the wiring for the heated rear screen which is quite easy really.
3. the roof in place doesnt look as nice as a autodelta one.
4. i would say the car drives better with the hardtop in place as it well fixed on and stops scuttle shake and random squeeking.
5. it is a bit of a pain to put on and take off a job for 2 really , kind of takes the fun out of just putting the top down when the sun is out.
anyhow hope this is of some used to you , if you look at my profile pics there are a few pics with the roof on.
good luck with the search finding one as i was on the look out for about 3 years till i got mine.
forgot 2 say there are 3 different makes of hardtop which all look different, mine is the one you have in your pic and is the genuine factory hardtop
Last edited by freddie; 27-02-12 at 15:52.