Fixed... of sorts...
just the to do list
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: United Kingdom
A few questions from a newbie...
Just got the Ph2 2.0TS - a bargain but I am expecting to do some stiff to put her 'right' so to speak... Believe it or not I have bought it for a wedding car (I'm getting married in June) so I am developing a list of things to repair/upgrade/replace on the car over the coming months. I've got an E30 so not afraid of swinging spanners around, though all advice is gratefully received!!
1. When idling there is a slight 'pulsing' - the revs seem to be rock steady, its only something you can feel whilst sitting in the car - any ideas? The motor is a replacement from Autolusso as the previous owner cracked the sump and drove down a motorway, so there should be about £15k left on the belts before I have to worry about it... Car is very smooth whilst any higher than idle, though when first pulling away it sounds every so slightly like a boxer engine!
2. Done the Thermostat, which is good, is there anyway to check the A/C in this weather? I have tried winding the temp right down to see if the compressor kicks in but no joy.
3. Heated rear window doesn't seem to work, I have downloaded the repair manual so will work through the list in there, first stop fuse box I suppose, there should be a warning light on the dash should there not?
4. Heel-and-toe, can't seem get my right leg far enough to the left without the wheel being in the way to do this! Also, the pedal heights don;t seem well suited to doing it - any adjustment anywhere? I will see if there are still the spacers beneath the seats to try and lower them.
5. My right door speaker has come out! Looking at it in the dark last night it seems there was only 1 lug left, which has now snapped. Is it worth getting a new door panel? Mine is slightly damaged at the back but not sure what they might go for... Or I might try and bodge it but I try tio do things correctly if possible...
Last thing - if there is a knowledgeable 2.0TS GTV owner in the Southampton area who is willing to come for a drive with me and to put my mind at ease with some of the squeaks and rattles then there would be beer to exchange!!
Final got the GTV... Now the fun of fixing and driving it begins!!