GTV alarms and CD-changers - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Help GTV alarms and CD-changers

I went to look at another GTV this weekend.. it was a 2001 V6 lusso and I was surprised that it did not have a 6-disc CD changer in the boot. Were these a standard fit or an option?

Also, it did not have the standard AlfaCODE alarm but a MetaSystem M99T2. The owner told me that the Alfa dealer installed this as an upgrade instead of the original. Now, knowing that Meta is an Italian firm I could believe the "upgrade story" however I'd rather run it past you lot just to be on the safe side. Is this story true??

Sponsored Links
AO Member
Re: GTV alarms and CD-changers

Sounds a bit fishy to me. I guess it depends if the AlfaCode system actually works, AlfaCode actually being the immobilisor/transponder in key for ignition. If that works but it has a different alarm system then I wouldnt worry although it would require Thatcham certification (possibly) to avoid a slight premium for insurance purposes as most companies quote for factory based systems because they know what they are.

AO Platinum Member

I'm not sure about the CD changer - I think the UK sourced models had one as standard, though I may be wrong. I remember the 2.0 ltrs had the option but I think in the V6 the CD changer was standard.

Check it's not an import as these are generally valued a bit lower than UK "officially imported" cars, though apart from the CD changer spec' there's no difference.

Ralf S.

hi, when i got 97 gtv it came with a scorpion 918 alarm!!!!!!!!

I checked out the car and it all came back positive. UK car, clean, no suspect history and the MetaSystem alarm was a factory option as was the CD changer in the boot.

I liked the car so much I put a deposit on it and will be collectin it next weekend

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

alarms , cdchangers , gtv