Rubber Around Windows Prob!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Rubber Around Windows Prob!!

Hi, On My Gtv The Drivers Side Window When At Speed You Can Hear The Wind Any Quick Fix????
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: -
Re: Rubber Around Windows Prob!!

The only fix I know for this is new door seal rubbers - the windows are supposed to drop an inch or so when you unlock the car to release the window glass from the rubber but many don't, meaning the rubber gets pulled out of shape when you open and shut the doors.

Sometimes if you wind the window down a bit and back up you can get a better seal between the glass and the rubber but that will only work until you next wind the window down, if at all!
AO Platinum Member

I don't think any of the GTVs had the "dropping" window. As far as I know this feature was only fitted to some Spiders to help make the seal with the fabric roof better. It certainly isn't a feature of the GTVs up till at least the "big-mouth" 2002 model.

The problem may be that the glass is sitting too high (1 or 2 millimeters) in the door frame and is failing to slide under the rubber lip seal when you shut the door. If you shut the door normally from outside the car you will be able to see if it fits under the rubber lip at the top of the glass, or if it sits on top of it.

You can adjust the window height and this is a well-known fearture.

Temporary solutions otherwise are:

1) Open the window and close it again (opening lets the glass line up properly so that it closes into the lip); or

2) Put some rubber lube on the seal so the glass more easily slides under it when you close the door.

Ralf S.

No bullets for Chaingun..
AO Member
County: Bristol

I have a late 2002 old nose GTV and the windows drop when you open door and move up when you close door.

Mine was noisy too, took back to dealer who replaced under warranty, it is now noise and creak free!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

prob , rubber , windows