Have you recently scrapped your 2ltr twinspark ? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Have you recently scrapped your 2ltr twinspark ?

Hi wonder if anyone can help me out please.
I have recently bought a 2ltr twin spark engine out of a Gtv that had been broken by Italia auto parts who by the way did me proud with the engine and delivery.
What I would like to find out is a little bit of history of the engine. The car was scrapped because the 3rd gear synchro died and the owner decided enough was enough after just fitting a new cambelt kit.
The vehicle technician who is fitting the engine for me has mentioned that the whole engine looks as if it has been reconditioned as all the valves look new etc.
Just wondered if this used to be somebody's bella's heart.
Enzo at AUTOCASA in Coventry is doing a fantastic job at getting my pride and joy back on her rims so to speak.
Having a new clutch and all sorts of other stuff fitted at the same time to save on labour down the line.
My friends think I am losing the plot but I can't justify writing her off after the time I have spent on her.
I will pop some pictures up on here of Enzo's attention to detail after the transplant is all done and dusted.
He has exacting standards and doesn't like to work to anything other than "perfect" it is in fact refreshing to be able to go to a garage and have utter confidence your car will come back spot on.
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Brokopondo
fingers crossed!
AO Platinum Member
County: Languedoc Roussillon
Hope everything goes well....when finished maybe you could bring your GTV along to a SWARM meet and meet a load of other nutters who love their Alfas to the point of obsession......
It's Alive

Well I am still beside myself at the moment.
From seeing an empty engine bay this morning to driving my bella home late afternoon with her new heart fitted and running like a dream. I would like to thank Enzo his father in law John and Enzos good friend Mark who all chipped in to get her back up and running today. There has been a lot of preparation work that I did not see to get to this point today. Thanks again AUTOCASA

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

2ltr , recently , scrapped , twinspark