pesky alfa alarm - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
pesky alfa alarm

hi guys..i know this topic has been covered a lot, but ive read all posts without any success. i have a 99 gtv 2.0, an irish car. couple off weeks ago, the alarm/ctl locking started getting diffucult to arm/disarm. i thought it was weak batteries in the plipper, so i used the little key, and disabled the system. when i finally got round to buying new batteries for the plipper, i re enabled the alarm, only to find that it would not recognise either of my plippers. i took the alarm apart, no sign of damage, and the on board battery pack is healthy. when i arm it using the key, it waits bout 30 secs, then activates. my plippers are the type built into the red keys. any help would be hugely appreciated!....thanks
Sponsored Links
AO Member
Re: pesky alfa alarm

Usually on any fob, if the battery is dead then it will lose the information stored (code for entry)

Even when changing the battery when it has life, you usually only have a 15 second lee way to get the new battery in,

You need to get them re-coded, you should have the code when you purchased the car. Count yourself lucky I have a genesis alarm which thinks I always have a door open if the interior light is on!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

alarm , alfa , pesky