woohoo! the engine is in! result!!! thanks for all your great advises chaps!
i didnt explain very well, i took the knackard engine out, head then the bottom end, seperated at the driveshaft and gearbox. then i thought i could just drop the new engine in...... could i get it to line up, head bottom end and sump.....................no chance i tried for hours i just couldnt get the spline inline in the engine, just beyond me. (Aug last year)
so yesterday i tried again to aline up the engine a gearbox but it just didnt happen. so i spent the rest of the day removing the engine i fitted... well half fitted lol!. then removed the gearbox (bloody gearbox rods lol) and struggled to seperate from driveshaft, even when i hit it with the hammer lol!
so started fresh this morning and got the gearbox seperated from the driveshaft (took the whole driveshaft out aswell) then seperated it. so had me lunch looking at a spider with a big empty space where the engine should be. with the new engine out of the car, i alined the gearbox very easy with all that room to play. so dropped the lump in (head/bottom and sump with gearbox) and fitted to engine mounts. and thats me done for today......im knackard!!lol!.....it looks so easy on the rebuild threads (mitch & biffa
so now the plan is to add the driveshaft, fit all me bits and bobs back on to the engine. Then fit the cambelt and......................it will probably go bang!!! lol!
i know i have probably not done it in the correct ordered, i have just dont it the only way i could do it. i was really worried about getting the engine in the car and im well happy its finally back were it belongs as i was just starting to lose motivation, now im excited!! ding ding ding round three tomorrow!