Advice on selling my Spider. It's gotta go :( - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Advice on selling my Spider. It's gotta go :(

Hi there, it's been a while since I posted here so I hope some kind soul can spare me a few moments for some advice.

I've changed jobs and am now much much closer to my place of work and therefore don't have to drive. My Spider is sitting on my drive doing nothing so needs must and I have to reluctantly sell it.

It's an X reg, 2 litre lusso with 31k on the clock. Two new front tyres, just had the rear bushes replaced and have had both window regulators replaced too. The cars in fantastic condition on the inside and the body work is immaculate. The only thing not right is that some cretins decided to carve a hole straight through the hood and this is currently being patched with ducting tape to keep the rain out. I have a quote for 400 to get the outer canvas replaced and the inner lining stitched. It's got a 6 CD changer and I've got a Momo chrome gearstick knob fitted (which looks mint). I'm just about to put it through an MOT and tax it for 6 months. I've really looked after this car so it'll be a good buy for somebody.

My questions.

How much do you think I should be looking at for it?
Wheres a good place to advertise it online?
Should I go ahead and get the hood repaired or just knock 500 off?

I don't want to have to do this so I'm looking for other people to do some of it for me

Thanks in advance to anybody that offers advice.

Sponsored Links
AO Member
Re: Advice on selling my Spider. It's gotta go :(

Sounds Nice

We bought the y2000 (w) 2.0L Lusso last July for 7800...and it was immaculate...of course we have spent money on it since then..minor though expensive (bushes etc)
The car has done 80,000 miles but the engine was replaced at 67,000 under dealer warranty.
It has full dealer service etc...and very mint
Graphite grey red momo leather etc.

I would certainly start at around 8000 and work up

good luck
Re: Advice on selling my Spider. It's gotta go :(

Hi. I advertised my 2000W lusso 31k excellent condition for 8995, had a couple of people interested, one timewaster, now accepted an offer of 8500. Much better than the 6500 to 7500 offered as part exchange on a Porker. Will be sad to let her go. is a great way of selling cars, 35 squid for 2 weeks on the internet and 1 week in print. Good luck. PS if you give me details I can forward any further enquiries from buyers to you.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

advice , gotta , selling , spider