Squdra chip for GTV - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Originally Posted by pendragonfalls View Post
Who remaps the PH2..? Is it worth the money..?
It depends, on what you call expensive for the result, and what you have had done beforehand. If your car is sporting a good aftermarket exhaust system and intake system then yes, a remap will do wonders to tune your vehicle to get the most out of the equipment. Personally I would upgrade these items then get a remap. More bang for your bucks. If you map then upgrade you may need to map again to get the best results.
If you have no intention of upgrading engine other than remap then go for it I say.
After upgrading respiratory parts I am now looking into mapping when I have more funds (saving for wedding in may)
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Carlow
I alrady have a K&N replacement air filter, and I'm thinking of getting a rear Ragazzon exhaust section. The un-silenced one, I fancy a bit more noise.
Might wait before considering the remap then. Cheers for the advice...
AO Member
County: Istanbul

Member car:

166 2.0 TS

I am using squadra on my 2.0 TS spider. I can say it is extreamly cheap for the difference. I am feeling every extra bhp and tourque on my foot.
AO Silver Member
County: Hampshire

Member car:

GTV twinspark

Originally Posted by alf22 View Post
Well guys got some time to myself today so spent an hour fitting this chip i bought,
kept crossing my mind wether its worth it as i read a few threads on the net saying these ebay chips fried my ecu,but they were mainly vw so i did it anyway.
WOW,she feels so more resposive,no lag power all the way from 2000 and at 5 she goes again,
im amazed,not sure on any more bhp only a rolling road will tell me that but definatly changed the running of her well worth the 46 quid and so easy to do.
this is the chap i had it from great communication if you have any questions.
Are you using Super unleaded?

I`ll be interested to see how you get on, you may get a little more mpg as the stock map is probably very conservative, and increasing the ignition advance will make the engine more efficient.

I doubt theres is a massive difference between this and the the more expensive "one size fits all" autodelta/squadra/etc chips.. A remap on a rolling road would be better, but I dont think you can easily do that with the CF1 engines? CF2 and later you can update the map via the odb port, rather than having to replace the eeprom..

Trawling through the feedback history it seems you may be able to have save a few quid by offering a lower amount? There are some there that sold for less than 30!
AO Member
County: Gloucestershire

Member car:

gtv ts

update chip

A couple of days use now and she feels so sweet,a grin with every tap of the throttle,shes better on fuel and im using standard unleaded cos when i stick the super in i get the fuel injection light come on dont know why but very happy with the results,think ill stop now exhaust done,induction done and a chip.
AO Gold Member
County: Kent
Interested to see how you are getting on with the chip?
AO Member
County: Stockholm

Member car:

Also interested. I've been in contact with a Bulgarian tuner who does mostly Alfas in his dyno. His willing to do a tuned file for ph1 for 80EUR. I would like to see some dyno charts before I make up my mind...
AO Member
County: Hampshire
Might consider...?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

chip , gtv , squdra