New gearlever knob and gate? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 30-12-04 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

99 Spider

New gearlever knob and gate?

Hi! I am new here having just bought a 99 spider (To be picked up next week).

I was wondering as I am a huge fan of the gearbox in the ferrrari 355 if it is possible to get a similar setup for the alfa gtv/spider. Basically it is an oversized crome ball gearknob that fits wonderfully in the hand and a metal gate that makes a great clunk-click as you change gear. Does anyone do these parts as mods or is it just not possible?

The other part of the car I am looking to mod is the ICE. Can someone point me to any good resources for knowing what the spider comes with and which bits are worth changing...

Many thanks,
Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

Re: New gearlever knob and gate?

Hi Blindy,

someone has mentioned this Ferrari malarkey before, but as far as I can remember there's nothing that you can just buy and fit simply. So, I reckon the answer is 'no'. Unless you've got serious cash that you want to throw at someone!

As for the Spider ICE, if you are serious about sounds then you need to probably replace everything, as it's all sh1te. I've just replaced the head unit in my gf's Spider, and there's a vast improvement already. I've got an Infinity 6502 speaker to replace the standard rear one with, and that's about as far as I'll take it. I think it's also easy enough to replace the oval speakers in the doors without taking the door skin off, but you'll need to do just that if you want to change the tweeters. This is all AFAIK BTW!

There is a comprehensive guide on another forum (which appears to have been down for some weeks now, hope nobody minds me posting the url: http://www.!!!!!!!!!!/ice.htm

Let's see some pics of the Spider when you get it! And good luck.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

gate , gearlever , knob