Bought an Alfa, few problems (top release button and battery) - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 02-11-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: British Columbia
Bought an Alfa, few problems (top release button and battery)

I just bought a 1996 Alfa Romeo spider (one of the first in Canada in fact!) and I have a couple problems.
1) I have a high-pitched squeak coming from the back left wheel which I am going to guess is the caliper based on the other forums I have been reading.
2) The second and more pressing issue... About a week ago I tried turning on my car. No dice. I then realized I heard a clicking sound coming from the back of the car so I got out and noticed it was coming from the top release button. It was repeatedly being disengaged to pop off the top. It was making a consistent "click" noise over and over. I went inside and pressed top release button behind the drivers seat and the sound did stop. Unfortunately I now know that one of the two buttons is easily jammed and engages without just simply being pressed once and disengaging. So I am assuming my car died because of this because when I tried pressing the release button a few more times it also triggers the internal light inside the car just above the dash meaning that the top release is electric and affects the battery. I'm trickle charging my car right now and hoping that this isn't a problem in the future... Also hoping that simply replacing the button will be easy... Anyone encounter this problem or have any advice

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

alfa , battery , bought , button , problems , release , top