DAB & Aerials - Mod - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 20-11-04 Thread Starter
AO Member
DAB & Aerials - Mod

I have recently fitted a Blaupunkt DAB 53 car stereo in my GTV with the interesting question of where to put the second DAB aerial.

The problem: does the original motorised aerial fitted on the GTV support DAB and FM together? - YES it does!

1. Glass mount aerials (internal) can't be placed on the rear heated window. (in the small print, because it interferes with the heating element / signal), on the front windscreen, mm no and its expensive.

2. Two aerials, one for DAB and one for FM - who are they kidding.

3. Drilling holes in the paintwork - a big no to that!

I discovered in my research that the DAB signals are vertically orientated i.e. TV aerials which are horizontally orientated.

Therefore the existing aerial of the GTV does support DAB and FM together very well.

If anyone else has done this I would be interested to hear.

On a seperate note, I'm looking for a drivers side front fog lamp (GTV), any ideas of prices?
Sponsored Links
AO Member
Re: DAB & Aerials - Mod

My original telescope antenna was so bad I could hardly get any stations at all - after fitting my own cable !!! it finally worked correctly, but I also upgraded to a Blaupunkt.

I have separate antennas - glass mounted behind rear mirror - never had chance to test separately.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

aerials , dab , mod