Brake pads rattling? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 28-09-11 Thread Starter
County: -
Brake pads rattling?

Notice on the V6 that theres a rattle and 'crashing' from the front going over bumps at maily slower speeds over bumpy roads. Worried it was supension or something as car has over 1k's worth of recent suspension work in not so distant past from previous owner.

I looked it over and all solid under there, but now think i could be brakes. Anyone come across this before? The brakes at the front also can 'clonk' when im moving slowly in say a car park and now think that they are causing the death rattle.

Oh and she has cross drilled disks but they screech when braking slowly at lights etc, i mean really screech. Could all this be related?

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Surrey
my windows rattle over bumps etc, could it be worn window mechanism?
AO Silver Member
County: Warwickshire

Member car:

GTV 2.0

Wishbone bushes make a clonky noise when shot, could be this?
AO Silver Member

Member car:

P2 GTV 3.0

The pads do move a bit if the corrosion hasn't got a hold and squeezed them in, so that you get a slight clunk when you apply the brakes at low speed. Haven't heard of it being more of noise than that tho'.
AO Silver Member
County: Antrim

Member car:

My car has a clunking noise from the front too mate. I thought it was the front lower wishbone so I recently replaced it. Cured part of the problem but not everything. I'm still not 100% what it is on mine as my missus was giving me grief for having the car off the road again. I don't think it would be the brakes but that's just my 10p worth. I have a suspicion it might be the roll bars on mine but I need to leave it for the time being as I'm in the process of moving house and don't have a garage at the new one.

Why don't you get the car up, get the wheels off and check everything is tight?? Regardless of how good the garage is people make mistakes......or something might have worked loose.

As for the screeching, what pads are on your car? I had mintex 1144's on mine which are very good but howl like a banshee at slow speeds. I couldn't take it anymore so replaced all the pads with Ferodo DS2500's

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

brake , pads , rattling