Alfaholics rear section on a v6 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 07-09-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 147 GTA

Alfaholics rear section on a v6

Hi all.
I know its been done to death, but I can't find any results from searching on this in particular.
I need to replace only the back section of my exhaust and can't decide between the autodelta/ragazzon straight through pipe (Autodelta Shop and the alfaholics rear section only Alfaholics.
The rest of my system is standard.
I know the quality of the alfaholics is much better, but I NEED (want) the sound to be louder and more meaty. With the 2 silencers on, won't the 'holics one be just as quiet at the OEM.
I have always had autodelta/raggazons on my GTA's and they sounded great.... Don't want the car to sound chavvy though.
Supersprint would be a good compromise with one box, but at 420 its really getting a bit pricey.
So.... anyone fitted only the alfaholics rear section to an otherwise OEM system?
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Monmouthshire
If it was me it would depend on what you intend to do as the rest of the exhust rusts away. If you intend to go Alfaholics all the way eventually and wont a bit more growl now then why not get the Alfaholics rear section but then remove the middle box and get a piece of pipe made up for 40 to connect it up to the centre pipe.
AO Member
County: Essex

Member car:

I've just got the full alfaholics system for my V6 (with decat section, and yes it just passed its MOT without even an advisory) second hand from those nice boys at PowerItalia (700 fitted - very reasonable I thought). The sound is more of a feature than the OEM - a nice burble and rasp - but not in your face. Still feels like a sorted grown up car rather than pimped up, uninsured and on borrowed time from the breakers.

Mind you, the PowerItalia guys swapped it off their racing GTV as it was too cultivated - so take your choice.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

alfaholics , rear , section