Gtv exhaust split - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 07-09-11 Thread Starter
County: South Yorkshire

Member car:

alfa gtv 2.0 v6

Gtv exhaust split

Now almost a month into ownership, got the crank sensor fixed thanks to the great advice on here!! Driving home last night and a loud blowing, vibration type noise started under the middle of the car when setting off and accelerating. Hubby thinks a previous weld has split but was difficult to see in the dark on the drive!!

Does anyone know of a place in the Doncaster/Pontefract area I could get it checked out and possibly welded again cheaply... really dont want to think about having to fork out for a new exhaust!! do they come in sections? He thinks its the middle somewhere near the CAT

Thanks for your help... again!!

Sponsored Links
Regional Support
For Lincolnshire - AOL
Yes they are built in sections so individual parts can be replaced. Check the Link to see a typical GTV system, may not be the correct one for you car but just go the Home page on the site and select the correct one.

I know one guy who fitted one of these and he was reasonably happy with it.

Cats Direct

However if the rest of the system is " tired " it may be false economy to mess about changing bits and better to go for a complete system. I had a SS Powerflow one fitted to mine, about 400 all in. Just Google Powerflow and look for agents in your area.

For example the Backbox will cost about 90 alone, I know, I priced one up, bought it and then found the rest of the system was pretty much rotten and so went the PF route and starved for a month !

There is also a place in the West Midlands that do custom SS exhausts for a very reasonable price, might be worth a trip ?

PS. Do you really have a 2.0 Litre V6 ??????

Have you seen the Lincolnshire Lounge ? Don't stay off the radar, come on in and have a look !

Next Event - TBA

Look Here ! -TBA

Old radar men never die - their echoes just fade away in accordance with the inverse fourth power law.

Last edited by Nige005; 07-09-11 at 08:04.
AO Gold Member
County: Kent
Standard exhausts are not too dear on ebay

Any garage will fit it for you for no more than an hours labour.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

exhaust , gtv , split