Ok so I jumped in my GTV to move it on Sunday. It's been parked outside and it's raining. It starts first turn of the key. I reverse it out of the way of the garage door and pull the handbrake on. Then my foot slips off the clutch and it stalls
I get the other car out of the garage and hop back into the GTV. It starts but stalls within one second. Five times in a row. I get angry and rev it as it starts, fine no problem. I manage to reverse it into the garage and start to diagnose the problem:
1. I can hold the idle speed at 1,000rpm with the throttle. It will rev fine but will not idle.
2. There are no code lights on the dash.
3. I disconnect the MAF - no difference.
4. I disconnect the lambda - no difference.
5. I clean the throttle body - no difference (although it was very dirty!).
6. I systematically disconnect every electrical connection on the fuel/air delivery system that I can see - no difference.
It seems that it must be the idle control valve but by this point it's dark, cold, still raining and I have to get up at 5am for work.
Does anyone have any other ideas? I'm hoping to have an uninterrupted hour tomorrow afternoon and would like to spend it as productively as possible - 2 mins fixing the car and 58 mins driving the a*5e off it - this is my reward for swapping a manual radio aerial fitted 5 years ago for an OE electric one?!?!?
BTW the car has £7,500+ in receipts excluding the first four services (which are stamped in the history book) so has wanted for nothing in its 14 years. Mileage is 132,000.
Is there anything else that I have not already considered??