Cup-A-Likes are nice
AO Silver Member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Sussex
....copied from a previous thread...you have to search for it:
1. Disconnect the negative lead from the battery for a minimum of 45 minutes. Some people recommend overnight but that is not really necessary.
2. Reconnect the battery negative lead
3. Put key in ignition, turn to MAR and leave for 90 secs
4. Turn off the ignition, but not remove the key and leave for 90 secs
5. Start the engine but do not touch the throttle and let the car idle for 15 mins otherwise the car will not rev freely afterwards (as V6 owners know at their peril)
6. Turn the car off and leave for 10 mins
7. Start the car and take her for a blast
normal bold text = ECU Reset
bold and italic = Throttle reset
EDIT: Just checked my printout from the earlier post where I found it & apparently only steps 3 & 4 required for throttle reset? I've altered the print type above to match the printout.
Last edited by CG Trading; 27-08-11 at 11:58.
Reason: add info