The GTV Cup list 2 - Page 18 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 27Likes

AO Member

County: Kent
Garage

Member car:

red v6 gtv

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Alfa Andy View Post
CUP 131 "ere"

Formally owned by Angus at Rusper Alfa, West Sussex.

RJ52 ZTP Currently on 63K.
bought from invicta motors maistone see it up for 3500,,,not a bad price at all m8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by italiaautoparts View Post
Hi guys in the new owner of 064 Y866 PTF.
That's my old car! Give us an update!
(Post Link) post #428 of 782 Old 13-10-13 Thread Starter
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

County: West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddymph View Post
That's my old car! Give us an update!
Before this thread becomes another 'Cup 64' thread try here:

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...n-project.html

Clive

AO Gold Member

County: Lancashire
Apologies if this has been answered before - I tried a search but just ended up in a war of words between Clive and Persimmon about conflicting theories about red LHD V6s.......

One of my Section members (and friend) is the owner of UK Cup 34 - which was originally registered on an 02 plate. He noted that in this month's AROC magazine there is a picture of a Cup which is Y-reg, and it set him wondering if it is a very early one, or indeed how were the Cup numbers allocated? I've looked in Clive's list and the car in question is no 74......

Overall the dates of registration as indicated by the plates vary from Y-reg to 52 reg, but there appears to be little correlation between dates of registration and Cup number......for example Ron's Cup 34 was first registered on 27 May 2002, whereas the Cup 74 mentioned above was registered 16 August 2001.

So - was it just the case that many Cups sat around in dealers' showrooms for many months, whereas others were snapped up immediately? I note that Cup 42 - which is listed as having been a Press car, which one would have expected to be an early car, was first registered 11 June 2001. I've also just noticed that at the end of 2001 (according to "Howmanyareleft.com" ) there had been 42 Cups registered, rising to 142 at end 2002, and 143 at end 2003, so maybe they were pretty slow sellers........

AROC Vice-Chairman and Lancashire Section Secretary

Alfa organ donor to the gentry......
pkr
AO Silver Member

County: Bedfordshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgwm View Post

So - was it just the case that many Cups sat around in dealers' showrooms for many months, whereas others were snapped up immediately?
I wouldn't be in the least surprised if ARUK had a box containing 155 commemorative plates and as each car was modified, someone grabbed a numbered plate at random to stick on the console! That and a fairly random schedule of cars arriving from Italy meant that there is no order whatsoever. IIRC, the original cup list thread tried to determine the VIN number sequence for Cups and that proved impossible to do.
(Post Link) post #431 of 782 Old 22-10-13 Thread Starter
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgwm View Post
Apologies if this has been answered before - I tried a search but just ended up in a war of words between Clive and Persimmon about conflicting theories about red LHD V6s.......

One of my Section members (and friend) is the owner of UK Cup 34 - which was originally registered on an 02 plate. He noted that in this month's AROC magazine there is a picture of a Cup which is Y-reg, and it set him wondering if it is a very early one, or indeed how were the Cup numbers allocated? I've looked in Clive's list and the car in question is no 74......

Overall the dates of registration as indicated by the plates vary from Y-reg to 52 reg, but there appears to be little correlation between dates of registration and Cup number......for example Ron's Cup 34 was first registered on 27 May 2002, whereas the Cup 74 mentioned above was registered 16 August 2001.

So - was it just the case that many Cups sat around in dealers' showrooms for many months, whereas others were snapped up immediately? I note that Cup 42 - which is listed as having been a Press car, which one would have expected to be an early car, was first registered 11 June 2001. I've also just noticed that at the end of 2001 (according to "Howmanyareleft.com" ) there had been 42 Cups registered, rising to 142 at end 2002, and 143 at end 2003, so maybe they were pretty slow sellers........
Sorry but we have been through all this before.

They weren't registered/sold in numeric order and yes some did take time to sell.

Chassis, or engine numbers, don't relate to Cup numbers or order.

You can read through these if interested:

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...ml#post3401300

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...ml#post3037490

But please let's not start discussing it all again.

Even Alfa UK & Italy don't have records.......I've spoken with both of them & absolutely no records kept.

Clive

www.cgtrading.co.uk
Tel: 01273 85 77 95
Mob: 079 73 39 39 74

Last edited by CGTVs; 22-10-13 at 18:15. Reason: add info
AO Member

County: North Yorkshire
Defo agree with that Clive, there are far better things to do in life than consider the thought processes of Italians... like drive the cars for starters!!!
AO Silver Member

Member car:

P2 GTV 3.0

DY51 RNX - is sitting on the forecourt outside Lyles, Westgate Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, I assume for sale. Looks like a Cup but haven't stopped to confirm.
(Post Link) post #434 of 782 Old 30-10-13 Thread Starter
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonT View Post
DY51 RNX - is sitting on the forecourt outside Lyles, Westgate Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, I assume for sale. Looks like a Cup but haven't stopped to confirm.
I phoned them, it's a customer's car number 101...list updated, cheers.

Clive
AO Member

County: Warwickshire
Garage

Member car:

GTV Phase 2 V6

#74 is my recent purchase, it looks mint now I have had a detail done by a pro detailed friend.

Next year has anyone thought about us having a cup meet?
AO Silver Member

Garage

Member car:

Alfas

Spoke to the new owner of cup 41 today briefly at a set of traffic lights in West Sussex, he bought the car 2 months ago. 52 plate.

sorry that's all I got.

Last edited by 00Alfa Andy; 02-11-13 at 18:20.
(Post Link) post #437 of 782 Old 08-11-13 Thread Starter
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

Wave Cup boot badges for sale

Finally had some made, copied from a genuine badge, no longer available from Alfa.

Laser cut polished stainless steel, then had the edges/sides polished.

50 each, please phone me if interested.

Please don't post any comments etc in this thread but here: http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...-for-sale.html

Clive
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20131108-02135.jpg (70.4 KB, 11 views)

Garage

Member car:

GTV V6 CUP

Andy, I was the man you chased down the M23 and spoke to at the Pease Pottage traffic lights. My cup is number 21 and it was its first trip out having bought it in May this year with a list of things to fix before I could use it. I think bumping into a fellow Cup owner on my first trip out must be a sign of good things to come !!! First impressions of my new toy are; its bloody quick, sounds awesome and needs better brakes despite having replaced all the discs, flexibles with S/S HEL lines and fast road pads !!!! More details about my car on posts 334 and 343, have fun.
AO Silver Member

Garage

Member car:

Alfas

Agh my mistake !!

I've driven a V6 before buying my Cup but it didn't feel as fast as my new toy, I have also a few jobs to do before I start those early morning drives.

Keep an eye on the south east section as there are meets and runs organised in there.

Andy
AO Member

County: North Lanarkshire

Member car:

159 TI & GTV Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGTVs View Post
Yes

It doesn't usually say 'Cup' on the V5, normally you have to check the chassis number on Eper to see 'Cup'.

I'm not saying that it would be a 'genuine' Cup from the factory.....but with genuine badges as well then as you say it would be as close as you could get or EXACTLY the same as a genuine factory one.

Clive
Are you sure about this? My V5 has the model down as "GTV CUP"
(Post Link) post #441 of 782 Old 13-11-13 Thread Starter
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

Please let it lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by londonthing View Post
Please don't start this discussion again.

If you've got "GTV Cup" on your V5 then probably whoever registered the vehicle supplied DVLA with those details, that's all there is to it.

Most if not all the other Cups don't have this on their V5s.....we've checked in previous threads & the 2 Cups I've had didn't have Cup anywhere on their V5s.

The V5 isn't the important thing here it's the chassis number, that's the only record of Cups so no need for people to post if their V5 has or hasn't got Cup on.

I had a Chevrolet Corvette that was imported & registered as a Lacetti, anyone heard of a 5.7 litre Lacetti!?

Clive

Last edited by CGTVs; 13-11-13 at 13:10. Reason: clarify
AO Member

County: North Lanarkshire

Member car:

159 TI & GTV Cup

Ouch..

Thats me told then!

If we don't discuss things again from time to time then there would be nothing left to talk about hey?
AO Member

County: West Yorkshire

Member car:

A5 XKR 5.0

GTV CUP log book

I think this is odd

My log book clearly states GTV CUP
And I would expect it to
(Post Link) post #444 of 782 Old 15-11-13 Thread Starter
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by crothery View Post
I think this is odd

And I would expect it to
It's not odd, it's down to the details given to the DVLA by the Alfa dealers for 1st registration, some wrote Cup on the form........some didn't.

Let's move on.

Clive
(Post Link) post #445 of 782 Old 15-11-13 Thread Starter
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggreenzebra View Post
Only if it says so on the V5 Clive. But it would be as close as you could otherwise get!
Quote:
It doesn't usually say 'Cup' on the V5, normally you have to check the chassis number on Eper to see 'Cup'. Clive
Quote:
Originally Posted by londonthing View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by crothery View Post
I think this is odd

And I would expect it to
I might be wrong on this as it was the Cup number that we researched & found there were no records anywhere....just chassis numbers that relate to Cups & in no particular order.

Whether all the Cups' V5s have Cup on them I don't know, without seeing all 155 UK Cup V5s we'll never know & I can't really remember if the 2 Cups I sold had Cup on them....actually I now think they did. It is totally dependent on the details given by the registering dealer & not Alfa. There may even be a few that were registered with the Cup number as well?

The all important thing though IS the chassis number which if entered into Eper, or given to an Alfa dealer, will show Cup. This appears to be the only record that Alfa kept.

Sorry if I was abrupt earlier but post #401 started to ask about Cup numbers & I really don't want to go through all this again.

Clive
AO Member

County: Cambridgeshire
Garage
Quote:
I might be wrong on this as it was the Cup number that we researched & found there were no records anywhere....just chassis numbers that relate to Cups & in no particular order.

Whether all the Cups' V5s have Cup on them I don't know, without seeing all 155 UK Cup V5s we'll never know & I can't really remember if the 2 Cups I sold had Cup on them....actually I now think they did. It is totally dependent on the details given by the registering dealer & not Alfa. There may even be a few that were registered with the Cup number as well?

The all important thing though IS the chassis number which if entered into Eper, or given to an Alfa dealer, will show Cup. This appears to be the only record that Alfa kept.

Sorry if I was abrupt earlier but post #401 started to ask about Cup numbers & I really don't want to go through all this again.

Clive

Clive

I have just checked my V5 and on line D.3 of the V5 mine is described as a GTV Cup.

Regards

Mick
AO Member

County: North Yorkshire
Some are, some aren't as Clive has said many times over the years.

It entirely depends on the info the dealer registering the car gave to DVLA and no other factor.

Look at the chassis number on the car, and punch it into Eper, speak to an Alfa dealer or have a look in Rob Fosketts excellent book "Alfa Romeo 916 GTV and Spider" if you want to check if a car is a Cup.
AO Member

County: Warwickshire
Garage

Member car:

GTV Phase 2 V6

Sorry if I am going over old info but I have searched to no avail...

do UK GTV Cups have a CF2 or CF3 V6. Thanks in advance,
Sam
AO Silver Member

Garage

Member car:

Alfas

From what I understand all cups were the same and fitted with Cf3 engines.
(Post Link) post #450 of 782 Old 20-11-13 Thread Starter
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam1984 View Post
Sorry if I am going over old info but I have searched to no avail...

do UK GTV Cups have a CF2 or CF3 V6. Thanks in advance,
Sam
Open your bonnet!

CF3

Clive

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

Tags
cup , gtv , list

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page