The GTV Cup list 2 - Page 11 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 27Likes

(Post Link) post #251 of 782 Old 04-09-12 Thread Starter
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

County: West Sussex
Ouw, hark at her with her low mileage Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggreenzebra View Post
Mileage not mentioned in Ad. It will be high.
They're all high mileage compared to yours.

Clive

Last edited by CGTVs; 04-09-12 at 21:29. Reason: italics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

Member car:

Toyota

I've just spotted #19 on eBay too. Doesn't mention mileage there either.
AO Silver Member

County: Cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGTVs View Post
They're all high mileage compared to yours.

Clive
I suspect there are others on the "unknown" list that will be as low Clive.
On the 19 Ad. I think you are better off stating the mileage even if it's high as leaving it off means the seller thinks it is a weakness. The first question anybody will ask is "what is the mileage" and if it is above what they sub-consciously are expecting it will be a showstopper. On the other hand if you declare it any enquirer has had time to consider and it shouldn't be a show stopper.

AO Member

County: No man's land on the Welsh/Shrophire/Cheshire borders

Member car:

V6 Spider

Checked with the seller #19 has 103k with cam belt at 73k.
AO Member

Cup 52 (ex cat c) in piston heads

http://pistonheads.com/sales/4193754.htm

Seems cheap!
AO Silver Member

County: Nottinghamshire

Member car:

GTV Cup 153

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddymph View Post
Cup 52 (ex cat c) in piston heads

Alfa Romeo : Alfa Romeo Gtv Cup (52)

Seems cheap!
Its not number 52 (thats the year plate) but Number 128

Alfa Romeo : Alfa Romeo Gtv Cup (52)

Alan
AO Silver Member

County: Staffordshire
I was really tempted with that cup as for the money it's a bargain but don't think I can live with the cat c cloud
(Post Link) post #258 of 782 Old 23-09-12 Thread Starter
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeCopestake View Post
I was really tempted with that cup as for the money it's a bargain but don't think I can live with the cat c cloud
let's not start discussing the merits of Cat Cs etc in this thread but leave it to listing Cups please.

Clive
AO Silver Member

Member car:

GTV Cup 153

Quote:
let's not start discussing the merits of Cat Cs etc in this thread but leave it to listing Cups please.

Clive
Clive, Are you not being a little bit harsh here. Cat C's is agreed a seperate topic but Jake was being specific to this Cat C Cup.

Some folks might well agree with his thoughts that its a fine looking Cup but the Cat C branding here may put him off.

Personally I would not have bought my Cup if it were a Cat C.
Other folks might disagree and thats fine. Especially those with Cat C Cup thay are still trying to sell

Thankfully we are different but as long as its a specific Cup with a Cat C category I really don't see what the problem is in discussing it on this forum and on this specific topic.

Surely you do not believe any discussion on this topic is devaluing all Cups.
Rather it is about the reduced value of in this case a specific Cat C GTV Cup.

If someone was coming into the market to buy a Cup hopefully they could look at this specific topic and see all that the GTV Cup's can offer - history,value, ownership details, tips and techniques to improve, and even what a Cat C can do to a Cup's value (right or wrong ) etc etc

Alan
(Post Link) post #260 of 782 Old 24-09-12 Thread Starter
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persimmon View Post
Clive, Are you not being a little bit harsh here. Cat C's is agreed a seperate topic but Jake was being specific to this Cat C Cup.

Some folks might well agree with his thoughts that its a fine looking Cup but the Cat C branding here may put him off.

Personally I would not have bought my Cup if it were a Cat C.
Other folks might disagree and thats fine. Especially those with Cat C Cup thay are still trying to sell

Thankfully we are different but as long as its a specific Cup with a Cat C category I really don't see what the problem is in discussing it on this forum and on this specific topic.

Surely you do not believe any discussion on this topic is devaluing all Cups.
Rather it is about the reduced value of in this case a specific Cat C GTV Cup.

If someone was coming into the market to buy a Cup hopefully they could look at this specific topic and see all that the GTV Cup's can offer - history,value, ownership details, tips and techniques to improve, and even what a Cat C can do to a Cup's value (right or wrong ) etc etc

Alan
Exactly what I'm trying to avoid in this thread.

The car's advert states Cat C as does paddymph's post, that's all that's needed in this thread, by all means link to another thread where this topic has been discussed at length.

Cat D & C values aren't Cup specific.

Clive
Gaz
Regional Support North
Is there a meet near you?

County: Lancashire
But they are when its referring to a Cup, which that one was

Woe betied anyone that has a differing opinion to yours though Clive. I mean, how very dare they
(Post Link) post #262 of 782 Old 24-09-12 Thread Starter
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
But they are when its referring to a Cup, which that one was

Woe betied anyone that has a differing opinion to yours though Clive. I mean, how very dare they
I'm also trying to avoid childish posts like yours in this thread, by all means try to ridicule me in any other thread but let's keep this one for LISTING CUPS please.

Clive
AO Silver Member

County: Staffordshire
What have I done
AO Silver Member

Member car:

GTV Cup 153

Quote:
I'm also trying to avoid childish posts like yours in this thread, by all means try to ridicule me in any other thread but let's keep this one for LISTING CUPS please.

Clive
Clive, Perhaps it could be stated as DISCUSSING CUPS rather than just " LISTING " them.

As far as I was aware the GTV CUP list (original) and GTV CUP list 2 were for all things Cup related not just making up a list of Cup details (ownership and registration info)

And if it is "discussing" Cups that this post is all about then Cat C or Cat D Cups fall into that remit surely.

Oh and Jake ...you are indeed a trouble maker !!
Watch Out or Clive will be giving you lines.

I must not mention Category C or D Cups.

Alan
(Post Link) post #265 of 782 Old 24-09-12 Thread Starter
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

Boring Pathetic really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persimmon View Post
Clive, Perhaps it could be stated as DISCUSSING CUPS rather than just " LISTING " them.

As far as I was aware the GTV CUP list (original) and GTV CUP list 2 were for all things Cup related not just making up a list of Cup details (ownership and registration info)

And if it is "discussing" Cups that this post is all about then Cat C or Cat D Cups fall into that remit surely.

Oh and Jake ...you are indeed a trouble maker !!
Watch Out or Clive will be giving you lines.

Alan

Perhaps you should start another thread to waste time discussing only Cups rather than GTV V6s as there's such a huge difference............................not.

From now on I'll just visit this thread to update the list & leave all the pontificating to you.

The clue is in the title......The GTV Cup list 2.

Goodbye.

Clive
Gaz
Regional Support North

I didnt want this insult removed

Last edited by Gaz; 25-09-12 at 16:28. Reason: Putting insult back in
AO Silver Member

Member car:

GTV Cup 153

Quote:
Perhaps you should start another thread to waste time discussing only Cups rather than GTV V6s as there's such a huge difference............................not.

From now on I'll just visit this thread to update the list & leave all the pontificating to you.

The clue is in the title......The GTV Cup list 2.

Goodbye.

Clive
Game Over .....

Its my Ball ...and I am taking it with me. !!

Really Clive sometimes you really do embarrass yourself.
This should be a friendly site where folks can ask questions, pick up knowledge and offer information.
I believe for most it is, thankfully.....

Alan
(Post Link) post #268 of 782 Old 25-09-12 Thread Starter
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

Just trying to keep at least one thread on topic, which is primarily a list

Below is posted by Bobda, from the Admin Team, at the top of all 'Technical Lounges':

Alfa Romeo Forum - Announcements in Forum : Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

The Technical and Vehicle Assistance lounges are for requesting technical help regarding specific vehicles or subjects, or for discussion of a related topic. Please try to keep the threads in this section on topic to enable others to find information more easily.

These lounges are not for posting for sale threads - for this we have the free AO Classifieds. A link to an AO Classifieds advert is allowed in signatures and as a reply to a post - any other posting of links or for sale threads will be classed as spam and removed. If you do not wish to use the free AO Classifieds, then you can place your advert on your chosen classifieds site and post a link in the External Adverts section.
AO Registered traders are encouraged to post in the Technical and Vehicle Assistance lounges with help and to offer their services.

This is for the benefit of members, to help focus the Technical and Vehicle Assistance lounges on what they are designed to achieve.

Thanks for your understanding.

bobda

As this thread is not in among the general threads but at the top for easy reference let's try & keep it for listing Cups as & when they are found or change hands.

All other GTV/Cup related matters are best discussed in other threads which keeps this one shorter & on topic.

There's no need to reply to this post but please just keep the required information re discovered Cups coming.

Clive

www.cgtrading.co.uk
Tel: 01273 85 77 95
Mob: 079 73 39 39 74

Last edited by CGTVs; 25-09-12 at 11:07. Reason: add sentance
AO Silver Member

Member car:

GTV Cup 153

Quote:
Below is posted by Bobda, from the Admin Team, at the top of all 'Technical Lounges':

Alfa Romeo Forum - Announcements in Forum : Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

The Technical and Vehicle Assistance lounges are for requesting technical help regarding specific vehicles or subjects, or for discussion of a related topic. Please try to keep the threads in this section on topic to enable others to find information more easily.

These lounges are not for posting for sale threads - for this we have the free AO Classifieds. A link to an AO Classifieds advert is allowed in signatures and as a reply to a post - any other posting of links or for sale threads will be classed as spam and removed. If you do not wish to use the free AO Classifieds, then you can place your advert on your chosen classifieds site and post a link in the External Adverts section.
AO Registered traders are encouraged to post in the Technical and Vehicle Assistance lounges with help and to offer their services.

This is for the benefit of members, to help focus the Technical and Vehicle Assistance lounges on what they are designed to achieve.

Thanks for your understanding.

bobda

As this thread is not in among the general threads but at the top for easy reference let's try & keep it for listing Cups as & when they are found or change hands.

All other GTV/Cup related matters are best discussed in other threads which keeps this one shorter & on topic.

There's no need to reply to this post but please just keep the required information re discovered Cups coming.

Clive
Disagree Completely with your post

The Original GTV Cup List thread not only listed Cups but discussed them as well.
As did the GTV Cup List 2 thread until now.

If you do not want to be part of a discussion topic then that is your choice.
Please do not restrict others for your own whim.

As for posting the Bobda statement as part of your supression, shame on you Clive.
This thread is about GTV Cups and all its elements and so that is irrelevent as you know.

Now lets get back to those lovely cars and listing them (just for you !!) and discussing and listing them (for everyone else)

Alan
Global Mod Team

County: Dumfries and Galloway
Garage
Actually Clive started the thread as a list, locating Cups. I don't think that he, as the OP, intended it to become a discussion thread.

I can see this thread having to be closed if it continues to descend into a mud slinging one. Get a grip people.
Global Mod Team

County: Suffolk
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintergirl View Post
Actually Clive started the thread as a list, locating Cups. I don't think that he, as the OP, intended it to become a discussion thread.

I can see this thread having to be closed if it continues to descend into a mud slinging one. Get a grip people.
Amen to that.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

GTV Cup 153

Clive did not start the thread
Clive kindly took over a thread because the Original Poster no longer went on line

If you read both the Original thread and the new one you will see many instances of discussions on Cups.
What to do to them..or not.
I have seen this one advertised ..anyone know of this Cup
etc etc
What is wrong with that ???
A poster asks a question on Cat C/D Cups and their value.
All Cup related.
Again what is wrong ?
A Forum is to discuss and both GTV Cup threads are not just Lists from the evidence of the postings so please try and see some common sense here
Alan
AO Platinum Member

County: Shropshire
Will you mods stop chatting in Clive's thread?

Gaz
Regional Support North

How about, to keep everyone happy, renaming the thread GTV Cup discussion and List of UK cars/owners

Well, i say everyone. No doubt someone will take a perfectly reasonable request the wrong way and spit their dummy out

Or an even better idea. I'll start another thread entitled GTV Cup discussion and all posts from the list thread can be merged into it
AO Silver Member

County: Warwickshire
I'm starting to think that the discussion of individual adverts is not a good idea generally. After all we usually haven't seen the cars but we are all very quick to pass judgement. I fell victim to such a discussion once on a Triumph forum. The drivel talked about my car wasn't pleasant to say the least.
I think we should remember that the people selling Alfas are often forum members aiming their sales most likely at other forum members. Buyers of GTV Cups are rarely inexperienced motorists looking at cars for the first time and are well aware of the pitfalls. I don't have a Cup but do read this thread, I don't mind discussion about Cups in general but I wouldn't want to read a 3 page discussion on the merits of one car or a particular feature(Cat C) of that car.
It would be a bit of a mission for a mod to split the thread up now. Perhaps its time to start the GTV Cup list 3 and keep to the guidelines that Clive wanted for his thread.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

Tags
cup , gtv , list

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page