GTV aerial and wiring question. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 15-08-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Dorset
GTV aerial and wiring question.

Hey everyone,

Just need a bit of help with my aerial.

Basically I want to replace the aerial in my GTV as the reception is just total C**K!! I'd be sat in the middle of an open field and just about pick up Radio 1!!!! Haha,

So moving on, I went to maplin and got myself a telescopic aerial, did think, hmm... theres no motor on it so how does it go up and down, well anyway bought it anyway and it didnt go up and down, so I going to get my money back on it, so can anyone recomend a new one?

The current aerial I've got doesnt go up or down, its a rubber one about 18inches long.

Also, while I was digging around behind the carpet stuff in the boot to gain access to the aerial, I noticed 2 cables just sat there, does anyone know what they are? I have posted links to the pictures to help.
First thought came that it was for the original telescopic aerial that had been ripped out, (literally) look at one of the pictures and you will see the body work has been pulled to bits and rammed full of silicone!!!!

Thanks for any help!!!
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Bedfordshire
The brown plug on the left is the aerial motor. The red wire is the supply from the battery and the Red-Green wire is the up/down signal from the radio. The wire with the eyelet on the end is the aerial ground.

The black plug on the right ( Pink-White and Black ) is for the rear windscreen washer motor. It's there because the 2.0 TB doesn't have room under the bonnet for the washer tank so they moved it to a bag in the boot for that model.
(Post Link) post #3 of 4 Old 20-08-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Dorset
Ahhh, lovely PKR, thanks for the swift reply, I can now get my aerial sorted out back to standard now

AO Member
County: Warwickshire

Member car:

Brera V6 Q4 QT

You need one with a motor - search 'Autoleads RMA853' on here - £22 but mine only lasted 6 months - just ordered a Hirschmann one.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

aerial , gtv , question , wiring