3.2 GTV for sale in classifieds.... - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #51 of 55 Old 30-08-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: West Midlands

Member car:

Gf's Golf R32

Just looked again and the level is about halfway; phoned Autolusso and they said it was nothing to worry about.

I can't fault the car. GTV's are great if you get a sorted one and I love the sound of the 3.2
It was definately an experiment for me to use a car only as a weekend toy; an experiment that has ultimately failed, but thats my fault for not quite knowing what I was after in a car and not the GTV's fault.

I'll probably end up getting another Alfa soon but for now I'm going to be carless.

To all you GTV and Alfa drivers in general thanks for all your help. Its been emotional

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: East Sussex

Member car:

GTV 3.2 V6

Good luck with the experiment - I tried a similar experiment this time last year - I owned a 1991 Alfa Spider S4 from Feb 2009 until about May 2010, but sold it as I was only driving it at weekends (circa 1500 miles per year) and couldn't justify the bills (once sold I calculated it had cost me about 350 per month average for repairs/fettling, including new hood, head gasket, new brakes, calipers, wooden steering wheel, door cards etc.) Then I went 3 months without a car which was okay to start with, then realised my freedom had been curtailed - every journey out of the city needed planning as opposed to jumping in the car and driving off. In late August 2010 I bought the GTV 3.2 - sure it's an expensive run around for weekend use only, mainly because of tax and insurance, but I decided if I have a car, even if only for weekend use - I want something special. It makes driving more pleasurable for me to do it in a nice car I can feel proud of!

2003 Alfa Romeo GTV 3.2 V6
Past Alfas: 2001 Alfa 156 1.8 TSpark Veloce and 1991 Alfa 2.0 S4 Spider

AO Member
County: Nottinghamshire
I feel the pain you have been through, my 147 is for sale and I've had so many time wasters it's unreal, it's so frustrating. Hopefully a sale won't be too far away - just even more painful when you know how good your own car is Congrats on the sale anyhow
AO Member
County: -
Congratulations Matt!
AO Member
County: West Lothian

Member car:

3.2 gtv

Angry fluke1

I have a 3.2 GTV and I have spent a total of 9300 on it in the last 2.5 years, and it's not done with me yet!! it now needs a new 'CPU' at a further cost of a grand!! this is having to be made by Bosch as it cannot be refurbed! I love this car with all my heart! and would doubt she will need anything else done as everything has been replaced however, I don't expect to get much in return! Sadly to keep this car happy you have to be prepared to spend a lot of money... If I could afford to I would store her somewhere and wait until it was a classic as it's the only way to get your money back!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

classifieds , gtv , sale